PDA

View Full Version : So Sad, but have to do it...

myakkareef
11/01/2005, 04:18 PM
I have a Large SailFin Tang, probally approaching 7" or more. I have had this fish for around 10 years since it was about 3"...With my new setup, the tang is to large or the tank is to small and I must find him a GOOD home. This fish has been a great fish, will pick alittle hear and there and does eat algae very well. This fish is in excellent health probally about 1" thick....There are pics in my gallery. I probally will not be easy to part with or catch this guy but I will when a home is found, so it can not be an immediate transaction...If anyone would like to come see him you are more then welcome....Anybody with atleast a 125 long or larger tank that would be interested please PM me.
I will take a frag of coral or we can work out a deal if someone is interested...
I will not ship and this is for local pick-up only....
Again I am doing this for the wellfare of the fish so I will be picky about where he goes....

multi striped 12
11/01/2005, 07:19 PM
good luck finding a home ...Did you talk to Jonn in Oldsmar??

Well Iguess if he goes local, you can get a chance to see him??

myakkareef
11/02/2005, 08:05 AM
Yea, I am hoping to find a tank for him...I know several shops that will swap it out but then who knows where it ends up. I would love to find someplace where he can continue to grow and live for many more years. Since so many fish go to tanks that are there deaths after a couple days I am just trying to avoid it.

multi striped 12
11/03/2005, 07:03 AM
I'm not sure anyone around that posts has a large enough tank
and room..

The only store IMO that I would trust them asking they had a large enough tank would be Ichthy...When I traded in my big fox face I had to call to make sure he had room for him

oceana
11/03/2005, 09:03 AM
i have a 140 full blown reef. i am looking to add a tang.
i have kep[t my fish stock very low so that i cen better accomidate a fish this size

my live stock is

hippo tang -4 or so inches
algea blenny
ornate wrasse
and a pair of maroons. which will soon be moving to there own tank for mroe regular breeding purposes

very light stocking for a tank my size IMO

i have just about any coral you could want. email me at theabels@knology.net

i am also currently looking at a sohal tang but i have not talked with the owner yet. depending on it attitude i may pass and my next choice would be a nice sailfin

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/56636IM008616.jpg

myakkareef
11/03/2005, 12:56 PM
Oceana, I sent you an e-mail...I would be intrested in discussing this further..

myakkareef
11/04/2005, 07:58 AM
Well I met Oceana (Keith) last night and must say I think my Sailfin found a good home. Keith, hope all went well with the transition to the new tank and hope he does not become a menace to any of your existing livestock...I loved the trades for the Blue Rim Monti Cap, huge rodactus shroom and the zoas...
Let me know how he is doing..

oceana
11/04/2005, 08:19 AM
the fish looks great!!. at about 10:45 last night after three hours of acclimation i tossed him in. has not bugged anyone yet and immidiatly began to eat the nori sheet i had in there. after eating ALL of that and began to eat all my decor macros. the hippo in there did not even think about challenging the new comer. and when he chose a home behind a large cave the current resident politly packed his bags and moved out.( smart move since he is only an lawmower blenny about 1/10th the size lol).

my wife loves him/her and i think he will do great. very personal and will sit right in my face when i walk by the tank. i think i better go buy some more food. WHAT A PIG!! pics to come!

was great meeting with you. great home and tank. be sure to invite me to the first pool party/ club meeting!!

myakkareef
11/04/2005, 10:30 AM
Keith, man I almost / did tear up, to hear that he did so well...He will eat out of your hand and you are right, when you come to the tank he comes to great you...I like to sit on the floor in front of my tank and he was funny because he would just come and settle on the bottom in front of me...So cool ...Glad he can actually swim around and get behind the rock work...I will add you to our clubs email list, feel free to come down to any meetings...

oceana
11/04/2005, 07:42 PM
we are 100% IN LOVE with this fish. i cant stop watching him.
thanks a bunch for letting us be his new home!!http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/56636IM008760.JPG http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/56636IM008753.JPG http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/56636IM008752.JPG http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/56636IM008750.JPG

the one from behind is not all that great but it was the only one i got with the fins up.

oceana
11/04/2005, 08:58 PM
BTW i meant to ask how many times a day he is used to eating??

myakkareef
11/06/2005, 07:51 PM
Hey keith great pics..I only feed once aday...I am sure he would eat 24/7 though..."he's a growing baby"..