PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!! is keep dieing is it my pistol shrimp

tano53180
10/31/2005, 10:46 AM
hey guys i don't know if this is where i should put this post but i really need your help my fish have been dropping like flies the was week or so its kind crazy in the past 2 weeks or so we have lost a lawn mower bunny blue tang yellow watchmen goby clown fish fire fish and maybe an engineer goby still not to sure on that one i don't know whats going on but the only thing i can really think of might be i got a new pistol shrimp for my watchmen goby to hang out with he was kinda a big guy but so was the goby i was told it was reef safe and that it wouldn't hurt my fish but that is really the only thing that i can think of because some of the fish we had for over a year and they were doing fine and showed no sines of any kind of sickness that i can see.and now they are dieing do you guys think it might be the pistol shrimp or what do you guys think is going on?? pleas help :confused:

tibbs2
10/31/2005, 10:48 AM
What are your current tank parameters? Nitrate, Nitrite, Salinity, tmp etc....

Do you know what species of pistol shrimp you have? Can you get a good picture of it?

If your fish started dieing shortly after adding it I would say that it would be a fair assumption that it could be the cause of the missing fish.

If the tank params check out you could try removing the shrimp to quarantine and see if any more fish dissappear.

tano53180
10/31/2005, 09:07 PM
all my levels are good with the exception of the nitrate because of the loss of some many fish but yeah i took him out today with the hopes that the KILLING will stop :( as far as what kind of pistol shrimp i think its might be a just a common pistil it had a bit of purple on its claws and a big black spot on his belly on both sides but i am keeping my fingers crossed that he was the killer and the killing will stiop