PDA

View Full Version : Let's Go Buffalo!

Chucker
03/09/2002, 10:58 AM
Yeah, it's off-topic, so sue me :D

Nice little mini-winning streak the Sabres have going. I was 3 rows behind the net in Sec 100 last night, so everything was up close and personal. Got a practice puck, saw a few fights, watched Marty get his second shutout in as many nights, and was on the Jumbotron in the last minute or two of the game.

Here's hoping they do as well on Sunday against Dom. I'll be in 113 then.

Gary Majchrzak
03/11/2002, 12:32 AM
Well Chucker, looks like they've begun their run at Lord Stanley's Cup... Or maybe it's just that Maxim Afinogenov has Hasek's number! :rolleye1:

Chucker
03/11/2002, 06:42 AM
The whole building was on their feet before he even crossed the blue line on that one.

There were two rows of Wings fans behind me, and 3 rows in the next section to the right. They had already given up by the end of the second (kind of like Dom? I read he rode an exercise bike in the locker room during the 3rd), and were counting empty beer cups instead of goals.

One of the best parts of the day was a huge banner someone had made, and held up during the anthems down in Sec 120. While the Canadian anthem played, it displayed "WELCOME BACK DOM .... not" . They flipped the banner over during the US anthem, and it then read "MARTY's OUR MAN! ". Another friend watching on TV said that you couldn't even hear RJ after the first goal- the booming "Haaaaaaaaaaaaasek, Haaaaaaaaaaaaaasek" chant drowned him out.

ReeferMac
03/11/2002, 07:23 AM
You know it is kinda sad he never made it out for the third. As much as I love the guy, it would have been fun heckling him for the entire third period (seeing as we were down by that end).

Between the score, the fact that ESPN was broadcasting it, and how pretty some of those goals were, I actually see myself tuning into SportsCenter this afternoon... Wanna see the highlight reel from that one.

- Mac