PDA

View Full Version : Bristleworms and my lps torch coral

InvertLover
10/29/2005, 12:47 AM
Nope, this is not another are bristleworms are evil b/c i saw them eating something thread. In fact, I love all my bristleworms.... However, they might disagree with tha statement. Does anyone else sit at their tank late at night, catching bristleworm with a turkey baster, and then feeding them to their torch coral? or am i just sadistic? Whichever it is, it's something else to watch.
One note, I didnt just dream this up... I started after watching a bristleworm floating around after it "explored" the powerhead, and it bumped into my torch... GULP! lunch time! So I figure it's natural, and it's live food! Gotta be healthy... sushi time! Forgive the grammer and/or spelling... it is almost one in the morning :D

Blown 346
10/29/2005, 04:14 AM
I never thought of doing that, I should start since I have a few bristle worms that are getting to big. I guess my corals will like a change.

InvertLover
10/30/2005, 01:14 PM
*bump*

mystikdragon7
10/30/2005, 01:45 PM
I have put bristle worms in my RTBA and watched it gobble it up.

InvertLover
10/30/2005, 11:07 PM
ahh good. i'm glad i'm not the only one! I would imagine if i had more time to watch the tank, i'd see such events happen naturaly. *arg* i would love to sit there 24/7... it's so neat to watch everything happen! i've got a condy, and i guess i've been very lucky with it, it is a lovely iridescent brown, with purple tips, and has never moved.

Jarosh
10/30/2005, 11:35 PM
Wow, I never thought of trying that. I wonder what other pests I can feed to my carpet anenome. The damn thing loves when the astrea sanils fall into it (not by my doing of course). I just find a pile of shells at its base every so often.

InvertLover
10/31/2005, 02:26 PM
wow, how large is your carpet? my condy's disk is about 3 1/2 - 4 inches across. i doubt it could eat my snails! I have lost a small yellow clown goby to it however. :(