PDA

View Full Version : been awhile....

alphaferret
10/25/2005, 05:45 PM
sorry i have not been here - anne and i have finally closed on our first home- there was lots of wall paper/bad orange paint/stuck on carpet padding/nastysharp tack board( hate that stuff)
will be setting up the tanks soon. couple of questions

hardwoods- does anyone keep thier tank on hardwoods - if so how do you keep them protected from water salt etc

king size bed- if it won't go up the stairs what will i do- the entrance to the stairs is a doorway(average height)- can i cut thru the header & then replace or not replace box spring will go up but i'm afraid the mattress is too big

any help would be great

alpha(missing in action) ferret

Reeses
10/25/2005, 06:03 PM
Did you think of trying to get your mattress set through an upstairs window? We've had to do that before, and we've only got a queen.

Raki04
10/25/2005, 06:21 PM
don't know about yours but my Calif.King actually folds easily didn't know it 'till I tried.
The easiest way to put your mind at ease is to measure the mattress at it's shortest length then measure the door frame diagonally the mattress will most likely bend some so the measurement of the doorway can be an inch or two smaller....I wouldn't cut into the header you would be compromising the integrity of the door frame and it could lead to some nasty damage to the area above the doorway..ceiling ..floor...roof.

alphaferret
10/25/2005, 06:21 PM
they are single windows- we have a queen too and that def. is not going up- i think i may be able to bend the king mattress- but it will be tight