PDA

View Full Version : Which corals can I keep with a Lemonpeel Angel?

chrisbenavides
10/25/2005, 05:07 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Which corals could I keep with a Lemonpeel Angelfish, since many say they are "with caution" reef safe? Also, the corals must be able to live under 15-20x flow rate and 260w of PC lights.

Thanks you all for the info! :)

bertoni
10/25/2005, 07:33 PM
They are hit-or-miss, but are most likely to much on clams and large-polyped corals, as far as I can tell. You could try soft corals and see how it goes. Most soft corals should be fine in that setup.

szwab
10/25/2005, 08:05 PM
lemonpeels are hit or miss. some are model citezsens some are not. some start out great and after a while turn on you.

drives300
10/25/2005, 08:41 PM
i kept a coral beuty angel with leathers, hammer coral, and anemone with no problem. The only thing he nipped was at the live rock. I think lemonpeels have a similar temperment as do all of the dwarf angels. I would rate the risk on a scale of 1-10 a 3.

brianlena2000
10/25/2005, 09:49 PM
IME lemonpeels are far more likely than most dwarf angels to pick at corals. In fact, they are notorious for it.

Take a look here for more info:

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/issues/oct2003/Fish.htm

chrisbenavides
10/26/2005, 12:33 PM
so basically its a chance thing that I should not bet on?

Instead of a lemonpeel angel (which is bright yellow), what other reef safe fish is their that can obtain those bright electric yellow colors? Since I am going to keep a pair of percs (orange) and I probably going to find a blue fish and a yellow fish (what good blue fish and yellow fish would you recommend in a 55g tank with corals?).

THANKS!!!