PDA

View Full Version : Noisey Overflow box

vegadan1
10/24/2005, 01:07 PM
Can any one tell me why my overflow box started making noise after i relocated it. Its always been in the basement but im building a fish room and had to relocate it closer to the tank but still in the basement. Anythoughts? Thank you

dragon_slayer
10/24/2005, 01:13 PM
can you elaborate further as to what you changed? the overflow box is on or in the tank (unless your calling something else your overflow box) so moving something in the sump area of your basement should not have made a difference unless you caused back pressure on the drain lines.

kc

vegadan1
10/24/2005, 01:30 PM
110 gallon tank with internal skimmer and siphon tubes to a overflow box with 2 1" drains down to a sump when i relocated my sump it went closer to where the pipes come down the piping system lost about 1- 8'piece of 1" and 2- 45'sand 1-90 each.My sump is an acrylic wet dry sorta converted to a sump. Thanks

dragon_slayer
10/24/2005, 03:59 PM
most likely cause of noise is either back pressure (wouldn't think so with you shortening everything) or excessive air is now getting sucked down the plumbing. if the latter you can use a 'J' trap at the bottom near the sump to help with the air problem.

kc