PDA

View Full Version : 20G Lighting

Jiim161
03/07/2002, 07:52 AM
I have a 20 gallon high reef tank with three fish, corals and a sand bed. I was using a 50/50 Coralife bulb (15 watt/18 inches) along with a 10000K Coralife bulb. I recently added another 50/50 bulb for more light. My question is, is this enough light or too much light. I have the lighting on 10 hours a day. Thank you in advance.

Steve Richardson
03/07/2002, 08:44 AM
Question is... too much light or not enough light for what?

By the way.... Welcome to Reef Central. :)

DgenR8
03/07/2002, 08:54 AM
Good morning Jiim,
Here's a BIG
[welcome]
for 'ya!
Steve hit it, before a lighting system can be designed for your system, we need to know what you want to support with the lights.
What corals have you got in there now, and what would you like to keep down the road??

Jiim161
03/07/2002, 10:25 AM
Thanks for replying! In the tank is a blue damsel, marroon clown and a goby. I have a few hermit crabs and a greek goddess nudibrand. Corals are as follows: hairy mushroom, red mushroom, a couple sponges, brain coral and a few others. I would like to get a few others, but was told I did not have enough light in my tank. Being new to this, I was happy to find this site with others who have a vast knowledge over the local fish reatilers. Thanks in advance. Jim