PDA

View Full Version : nice trade w/larry (hawk)

reef & potito
10/20/2005, 02:10 AM
Larry...

One of my friends likes the bike trail runnin' through the lower section near your neighborhood. He's into cycling so he's gonna ride through there one of these days.

He thinks you're kinda cool; maybe he'll stop by and say hello if it's okay w/u. He likes your woodwork.

:rollface:

My Otha Buddie says "HI!"
:)

reef & potito
10/20/2005, 02:42 AM
I also want to thank John for helping me out tonite. I had a great time hangin' and talkin' w/my buds.

Lookin' forward to checking out your tank brotha!

Piece!
:beer:

AtlanticReef
10/20/2005, 09:15 AM
Jamies,

Have you get all your equipment yet? We wanna to see your tank's picture.

drake66
10/20/2005, 09:52 AM
yea we want to see, that was a pretty sweeet setup that you bought!

reef & potito
10/20/2005, 10:43 AM
Thanks guys...

I'll post some pics. when I set it up. Need to clean it real well and make sure all is running smoothly.

reef & potito
10/20/2005, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by AtlanticReef
Jamies,

Have you get all your equipment yet? We wanna to see your tank's picture.

Yes tony...

I picked up the rest of my stuff last night. Sheesh. Good thing too. Larry tried to keep ALL my stuff and money (everything except the rocks and livestock I picked up earlier) He tried to use the 30 day deadline to try and jack me. lol

He's difficult to get a hold of, he leads me to believe EVERYTHING is allright, he needs more time to refinish the stand, and at the last minute tries to jack me. The nerve of some people.

Shame, shame. lol

Funny how some people think they can just rip you off and think they're gonna get away with it.

Nice try Larry!

LOL

raskal311
10/20/2005, 11:24 AM
So your saying he tried to keep all of your stuff after you already paid in full? How much time did he give you after he gave you the notice to pickup your stuff or hes keeping it?

bennyinca
10/20/2005, 11:34 AM
Hey congrats on an awesome tank! When will your tank be up and running?

Not sure I understand this - your title says "nice trade..." but then you posted some <i> shameful </i> things, claiming he was trying to jack you up on some stuff? What was this 30 day thing about?

reef & potito
10/20/2005, 11:37 AM
I paid him in full in the first week.

If you go back and read the thread where he first put up his system for sale, he had this long, long list of conditions and restrictions to complete the transaction. I read it and thought to myself: This dude sure is anal. No biggie, he just wants to make sure people don't change their mind.

Now, I know it was an elaborate plan to jack the buyer. At the very least it appears so, in light of how the transaction ended.

LOL

raskal311
10/20/2005, 11:47 AM
I remember that list :D man that must have been the hardest buy ever. After reading it I was like No one in their right mind would buy it with that kind of restrictions. I was suppressed there wasn't any visitation rights. I think there are less restrictions my dads car lease.

Orochimaru
10/20/2005, 11:48 AM
what? Did you get jacked? You got everything right? I mean, if you're being a difficult buyer, I would rather return your money and take my craps back. You weren't being naughty ,were you? Did I missed something? Seems like there is a lot of jacking going on RC lately. First the tunze setup thingy and now this?

Orochimaru
10/20/2005, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by bennyinca
Hey congrats on an awesome tank! When will your tank be up and running?

Not sure I understand this - your title says "nice trade..." but then you posted some <i> shameful </i> things, claiming he was trying to jack you up on some stuff? What was this 30 day thing about?

sacrcasm!..:lol:

bennyinca
10/20/2005, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by tetra
sacrcasm!..:lol:

Must be! :lol2:

I dont' recall a tunze scam - who did that?

reef & potito
10/20/2005, 11:53 AM
I agreed to pick up the entire system w/in 30 days. Fine. It was included in his long, long list of requirements. He agreed to refinish the stand, which to this day, has not been done. He PMs me Friday night at 10:59 pm, after I had already gone to sleep.

I wake up in the middle of the night (3:00am) and go to RC. There, I get a pm popup. I read it and jumped out of my seat.

It basically says that if I don't pick up the system by the next day, Saturday by 11:00am sharp, he's keeping all my stuff and money. Then he proceeds to bash me. LOL

I woke my wife up and told her what had transpired. I said good thing I woke up and read the pm. She said, your angel woke you.

I managed to get Pookstreet to meet me there, and a couple of other buddies to drive me in one of their trucks. Was Larry surprised when I showed up. He was hoping I'd miss that PM.

Funny, my 30 day deadline was not until Tuesday. But he said in his PM, he would not be home Sunday, Monday, and probably not Tuesday.

Nice try Larry.

raskal311
10/20/2005, 12:01 PM
so he gave you a 12hr notice in the middle of the night? hahaha I suprised he even opened the door. Well with people that this I'm glad that small claims court only cost about $50 to file. :D

I'm glad your lucky and smart enough to deal with him.

bennyinca
10/20/2005, 12:08 PM
That is messed up!

Hey I had one RC'er agree on a sale by phone in the morning. He PM's me the paypal address at 6PM Friday. By midnight, when I get home and check RC, this guy has PM'ed me several times for the non-payment and calls me a flake. Then he proceeed to tell me about he didn't care about $ because of how he lives in VA. Told him off :lol:

dymaxiun
10/20/2005, 12:11 PM
More on the Tunze scam...

reef & potito
10/20/2005, 12:15 PM
I would never sacrifice my name and reputation for $2,200. What was he thinking?

Orochimaru
10/20/2005, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by dymaxiun
More on the Tunze scam...

can't do search now...but supposely someone was selling the whole setup to the first payment received for about 600 bucks...so a bunch of people paid for the same item and never got refunded.

bennyinca
10/20/2005, 12:19 PM
Oh yikes - I think I recall something like that. Was it quite a while back?

Orochimaru
10/20/2005, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by reef & potito
I would never sacrifice my name and reputation for $2,200. What was he thinking?

If you were being a jackass, I wouldn't sell it to you either but I wouldn't take your money and threaten to not give you the equipment...that's not cool.

reef & potito
10/20/2005, 12:24 PM
Anyways, now that I have all my stuff, my mind is at peace. Thank you, my angel for looking out for me.

I forgive you Larry (not forget). It is less taxing on the heart and soul to find the courage to forgive. To hold a grudge would only burden my heart and spirit and make me lose respect and faith in people; this is not my wish.

God bless us all.

The End.

reef & potito
10/20/2005, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by tetra
If you were being a jackass, I wouldn't sell it to you either but I wouldn't take your money and threaten to not give you the equipment...that's not cool.

Tetra...

Choose your words more carefully please. I was being polite, patient and accomodating. What more can I do?

I've said all I needed to.

Orochimaru
10/20/2005, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by reef & potito
Tetra...

Choose your words more carefully please. I was being polite, patient and accomodating. What more can I do?

I've said all I needed to.

no, all I am saying is if you were, that is as far as I would go. However if you weren't, this is definitely not cool. I am not saying that you were being a jackass. Just thinking worse case scenerio...my apology if the mssg. is mis-understood.:D

reef & potito
10/20/2005, 01:52 PM
No worries Bud.

saltyDDS
10/20/2005, 02:30 PM
I'm confused here. You open a thread complimenting Larry for the trade. If sarcasm was the intent, why ask if your biking buddy can stop by? You also authored several other threads thanking and complimenting Larry for the extra and excellent efforts in refinishing the stand. Those threads were even borderline kissing ar$e. Now, you seem to be slamming the guy.

Are you sure this is not just some miscommunication in both parties? People get busy. Reefing won't be his priority. This especially applies when the seller is getting out of the hobby for the reasons mentioned in his sale thread.

I understant that you already had money at stake. This makes the situation stressful. However, you knew where he lived so I highly doubt he had bad intent. Maybe more patience and undertanding from both parties would have done the situation good.

reef & potito
10/20/2005, 02:47 PM
No misunderstanding period. The reason why I was bordeline, kissing his behind is because he was trying to keep my stuff and I wanted to make it more difficult for him (maybe his conscience would stop him) I posted so that people would know I was attempting to pick up my stuff.

I don't want to post his PM. I'm no fool, I know what happened.

jaypainter24
10/20/2005, 03:03 PM
All I can say is WOW. the nerve of some people. I just hope that the painting goes alot better than this situation lol lol lol. I will keep the new tank as collatal until paid in full within the 3 days otherwise I become the new owner of the tank lol lol lol

all joking aside I'm glad to see you got all your stuff Jamie

Scissorhand
10/20/2005, 03:37 PM
reef & potito, kudos to you for keeping a cool head... I'm gonna follow your lead and use "shame on you" more often instead of resorting to some random expletives. Post a thread of your new tank soon.

Agu
10/20/2005, 06:54 PM
You had a deal with difficult terms. You accepted the terms. The deal was fulfilled within the terms you agreed to. Now you're here trashing sombodies reputation ?

First of all this is a private issue and has no place on RC.

Second you've been warned about making posts on RC in this forum based on my warning about disruptive or aggressive posts. Obviously you haven't yet read that warning. Email me when you're ready to follow the rules.