PDA

View Full Version : I need a quick answer!

polo
03/05/2002, 08:48 PM
I am making my first batch of RO/DI water tonight. I have an AquaFX Barracuda 100 gpd unit. Input pressure is 50-55 psi. Inlet tds is 150 + or - 10. Outlet tds is 0. Everything appears to be ok but the resin cartridge is not full. I am not getting the correct amount of output. Should be 15 to 20 minutes per gallon but it is taking about 30 minutes per gallon. Is the resin cartridge supposed to be full and if so what am I doing wrong? Thanks!

calvin-x
03/05/2002, 09:51 PM
polo - based on my limited experience (with a Kent Marine Maxxima Hi-S 60GPD RO/DI) the resin cartridge may not fill all the way (sometimes mine only fills 1/3 of the way -- and my Kent instructions say this is normal). I think it has to do with the water temp as well as the pressure. It's been pretty cold in some parts of Texas lately so maybe that's the major contributor. HTH

calvin-x
03/05/2002, 10:00 PM
polo - based on my limited experience (with a Kent Marine Maxxima Hi-S 60GPD RO/DI) the resin cartridge may not fill all the way (sometimes mine only fills 1/3 of the way -- and my Kent instructions say this is normal). I think it has to do with the water temp as well as the pressure. It's been pretty cold in some parts of Texas lately so maybe that's the major contributor. HTH

polo
03/05/2002, 10:35 PM
:) Yeah, that does help, thanks! :)