PDA

View Full Version : Next Step

tgeppes
03/05/2002, 08:35 PM
Alright. for all you that have been watching my progress toward a LIONFISH. FOWLR tank i come to you asking what is the next step. I have been cycling with 12 pounds of LR ( was orgianlly going to get rid of it but i find myself looking at all the cool things growing out of it so i might keep it) my amm. and nitrite levels are at zero finally. I have one damsel back in the tank and he is doing fine. temps hold as well as SG. two things... it seems that my bubbles from the filter are floating throught the tank more could this be an algee bloom of some sorts also... the LR seems to be getting a little green tint to it. where do i stand and what do i need to do next? should i get some little critters to clean up things if so what can i get and how much so that the lions do not eat them up. or can i go ahead and do the thing i have been waiting for for the longest time and order the lion?
~tyler

naesco
03/05/2002, 10:11 PM
No wait 3 months if you want to ensure the health of you pet.
The tank is finishing its cycle. Let it mature for a while before you add your fish. Remember to just add one fish at a time at least one month apart.
Your new hobby is about patience
In the meantime, observe all the stuff growing on the rocks. It is really neat and changes daily.
See if you can get one or two detritivores like a brittleworm and watch them grow and multiply.