PDA

View Full Version : Anybody up for a group fish order?

awcurl
10/14/2005, 09:20 PM
I am going to make an order from http://www.marinedepotlive.com/index.html If anyone would like to order something with me and share the shipping I'll put it togeather.

EvilMel
10/15/2005, 05:00 PM
I'll take a gold neon goby!

Pandarian
10/16/2005, 10:08 PM
I'm up for a foxface lo

Pandarian
10/20/2005, 11:11 PM
Scratch the foxface. I bought one today. I'll probably still order something else though.

imsqueak
11/03/2005, 07:00 PM
Art, have you already made your fish order? Dave tells me that this guy will eat bubble algae. scribbled-rabbitfish---siganus-doliatus. I need one :D Pretty and hopefully beneficial. Grows big and I get to call it a loop hole against Mel's advice against a Naso tang.

http://store1.yimg.com/I/marinedepotlive_1866_4790132

Sir Knight
11/03/2005, 07:09 PM
Don,
Just an FYI in case you don't know, Rabbit fish have venous spines so if you get the fish be careful when working in the tank

imsqueak
11/03/2005, 07:37 PM
Thanks Joe, good to "see" you. Yea, I've read that. I've never touched a fish I've added to the tank so I don't consider that a problem. And the only sob that has had the nerve to come near me when working in the tank is/are (not sure if it's one or both) my clowns. The poison is a defensive measure for these fish, not an offensive measure but I agree that it's best to make sure anyone interested in them knows the danger.

cee
11/03/2005, 08:21 PM
Results may vary. I've read where some don't. Mine picks at it, but it isn't his favorite. Last choice, actually, but he does eat it. 'Bout as bad as a bee sting from what I've read, but do be careful.

Dave

awcurl
11/03/2005, 08:23 PM
There wasn't enough response so I bought at the LFS. The scribbled-rabbitfish---siganus-doliatus is the fish I bought.

imsqueak
11/03/2005, 09:21 PM
I've had such bad luck with online fish stores recently that I'd consider the lfs' mark-up price. Which lfs did you get it from? Do they have more?

I wonder if shooting the bubble with kalk is a better option. If a fish nips it's bulb then eats the shell, it will just release it's juice and potentially spread it more. If it's shot with kalk maybe that would prevent further spread. I dontknow... that why I ask...

Bubble algae is one of the least of my problems but it's one of those thing that you are "not supposed to have". If a pretty fish will resolve it, that's something I need to be planning for.

Runner
11/04/2005, 08:49 AM
I really wanted a green spotted mandarinfish, but I was afraid to buy it mail order. I'd rather see a fat stomach on them before comitting to one. I reckon I'll just have to save up the $40 for one at The Coral Reef (if I ever get my RO unit so I can stop handing over $25+ a month for filtered water). Having a budget for your reef tank makes for slow development in this hobby.
:)

The only mail-order fish I've ever tried to get was tacked on to one of Don's orders. It was a yellow-head jawfish. He didn't make it. The one I got at the LFS was doing fine until he committed suicide.

awcurl
11/04/2005, 11:34 AM
I purchased at one of our club sponsors, The Coral Reef.:D