PDA

View Full Version : Skimmer flooding

Andys Mum
10/10/2005, 05:41 PM
My son has gone travelling for 6 months leaving me (totally clueless) to look after his tank. I've been managing routine maintenance but tonight we have water all over the floor. I've stopped the flooding but have had to turn the skimmer off. Will this kill the fish?:(

blacktangs
10/10/2005, 06:04 PM
welcome to reefcentral.
what kind of skimmer does your son have? 6 months is a long time so you will need to turn on the skimmer again. i suggest you watch the skimmer and find the cause of the flood. you might need to re-adjust the skimmer output to stablize it.

Andys Mum
10/11/2005, 02:37 AM
I turned it on again this morning and will keep an eye on it.
It seems to be okay at the moment.
I did fiddle with the little knob thing on top but didnt' know which way I should be turning it.
I really wish I'd paid more attention when he was trying to explain everything and, yes, six months is a very long time.
Thanks for your encouragement - I'm sure I'll be back.

TwistedTiger
10/11/2005, 11:16 AM
If you can figure out what brand and model skimmer you have there are probably many here that could give you helpful information, but skimmers are so different without knowing which one you have it will be hard to give specific information that may make a world of difference.