PDA

View Full Version : corals

Semi newbie
03/04/2002, 01:31 PM
Hi guys! I am so impressed with the pictures I have been looking at of your tanks. You have some very colorful corals. My tank is about a year old and I have a few things but nothing really fancy that catches the eye. I am hoping to be able to attend a meeting and possibly buy some frags off of you guys of the really beautiful stuff I see. I am also hoping to use your knowledge of what will and won't be successful in my tank! It seems that the LFS don't have all the diversity that you guys do. Talk to you all soon and look forward to meeting you. Thank you very much...Lynn

Playfair
03/04/2002, 01:53 PM
Hey Lynn... Nobody's "screamed out" about scheduling the next meeting yet, but most of us welcome visitors with open arms just to have someone who appreciate reefs to talk to :)

I always have a couple frags around to sell/trade, just drop an email if you would like to set something up!

Semi newbie
03/04/2002, 02:00 PM
What do you have to sell? I will be honest and say I don't have much in the way of trades yet!!!! I am interested in getting some beautiful corals for my tank!

Playfair
03/04/2002, 02:14 PM
Everything's "for sale"! :eek1:
Let's see... You don't really have a lot of light, but there are a couple of sps that may work (Montipora family); green and/or orange are common, and I (as well as many others) have plenty. Blastomussa are good low light attention getters... I also have TONS of Zooanthid polyps, lots of color variations. Even may have an orange Ricordea floridea available... plenty to keep you busy for a while!

Semi newbie
03/04/2002, 02:33 PM
Sounds good to me. We will have to set up a time where I can check it out and pick your brain. You are right about me not having a ton of light. I am sort of still in the stage where I think the soft corals are cool and have not gotten into the must have SPS of all varieties yet, which for me is a good thing. I have been moving very slowly and have been successful with my pace so I am happy. I tried a reef tank once about 7 years ago and failed, I took some really misleading and full of holes advice from a LFS. I am in Greece, the northern part and am home most of the time. I do work, but part time off hours. I really appreciate this! Talk to you soon about setting up a meeting time. :)