PDA

View Full Version : ***Anyone experienced w/ R/O DI systems please reply!***

DeathWish302
03/03/2002, 05:32 PM
In the near future i would like to possibly put together a DIY R/O DI system. Could you please point me in the right direction for methods of construction, parts, and techniques.

Any good website link would be appreciated.

Thanks,
DW302

kgross
03/04/2002, 04:32 AM
THere is not much to DIY an RO/DI unit. You will need to purchase a ro membrane and housing, as well as the canisters for the carbon/sediment and DI filters. Once you put them all together you should be able to find a unit for less money.

Kim

cwa46
03/04/2002, 08:42 AM
I agree. You must decide if you need RO or RO/DI filtration for your water. If so, then just ordering one will be cheaper than trying to build one. The replacement filters and RO membranes will require canisters designed for them. You will need to buy them from the same people who sell the units and you won't get a break on price. Be sure you need RO/DI first.

Bill Wann
03/04/2002, 02:33 PM
If you like giuve me a call , Ive built a few , and they are cheap to build .

Muttling
03/04/2002, 10:27 PM
Bill,

What resins are good to use in a DIY DI canister?

I am going to build a couple of DI canisters to go on my existing RO unit. As I understand it, I'll need a cation resin canister and an anion resin canister.

I'm sure I can find the resin here at a local chemical supply place, I'd just like to be able to say I need an equivalent to DOW ___ or Rohm & Haus ____.

Thanks,
Mutt

Muttling
03/05/2002, 09:47 PM
^

Bill Wann
03/06/2002, 11:37 AM
THis is a long answer , Could you give me call at work ,my number is 847 872 3317 .
I can explain it all on the phone alot easier.