PDA

View Full Version : Can a Blue Gudgeon Dartfish be kept with a pair of false percs and a Six Line Wrasse?

chrisbenavides
10/05/2005, 11:09 PM
Can a Blue Gudgeon Dartfish be kept with a pair of false percs and a Six Line Wrasse in a 55g tank with 50 pounds of live rock and 260w of PC lighting?

I will be keeping some "beginners" corals, not many, but a few to add color to the tank. I will be buying these fish and some corals in about 2-3 months, as I am letting my tank properly mature and cycle.

If you all don't think these fish are good with each other and good for whatever specific corals are mentioned in this thread, PLEASE feel free to recommend other fish that go good with the certain corals you recommend as well.

THANKS!!! :)

chrisbenavides
10/05/2005, 11:15 PM
The Dartfish is a Lyretail. Also, forgot to ask, IF I can use this fish, can I have two six line wrasse or two dartfishes? OR do I just have to have one of each?

Thanks everybody! :) Reefcentral has been a savior to me. Prevented me from putting in more than 2 percs and many other things. So thanks again for all your answers and patience with my questions. :)

Steven Pro
10/06/2005, 06:44 AM
You can buy a pair of the dartfish, but only one of the sixlines.

chrisbenavides
10/06/2005, 04:34 PM
can you mix the kinds of dart (I just want two kind in my tank)

bllfish
10/06/2005, 10:22 PM
Those six lines are going to be a problem. I had one in my tank and when they get big they are constantly harrassing the other fish in the tank. They seem to fear nothing.

chrisbenavides
10/06/2005, 11:04 PM
I guess. I really don't know which fish I should keep then. I do know one thing, I want a pair of false percs. I wanted a Yellow Tang, could not keep that becuase my tank (55g) is too small. Ok...so I wanted a Flame Hawk...and many said it wasn't reef safe. Then I find a fish thats bright and pretty, the lemonpeel angel, and find out that they might nip on some corals.

So I guess the question should be is....What fish can I keep with a pair of false percs and corals. I want at least two more fish. So please recommend me two good fish that are beautiful, compatable and reef safe.

Thanks everybody ;)

Thunil
10/06/2005, 11:37 PM
flasher wrasses are good, blennys, gobys. with thw angel it's a hit and miss thing, some nip at corals some don't. if you go to liveaquaria.com you can look at the fish their but apparetly they aren't the best to buy from. in my tank i plan to have 2 false percs, 1 sixline, 1 flame angel, 1 bicolour blenny, 1 firefish. i think that the flame hawk is considered not reef safe because it eats shrimp so if you don't have any shrimp in your tank it you should be fine.

bllfish
10/07/2005, 04:13 AM
I second the fairey (flasher) wrasses. They are very colorful and most stay under 6". They are always visible in the tank after getting acclimated to their new surroundings. I was thinking of haveing a wrasses only tank.
Blennies are good and can help with algae.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a376/bllfish/bicolor.jpg
Firefish (dartfish), pygmy angels, cardinal fish, dottybacks.
You might want to get a book like Marine Fishes by Scott Michael. It gives reef aquarium compatibility and recommended minimum tank size.

chrisbenavides
10/07/2005, 12:08 PM
Can flasher wrasses exist with false percs and with corals?

bllfish
10/07/2005, 02:02 PM
absolutely

chrisbenavides
10/07/2005, 03:56 PM
I don't think Marinedepotlive carries flasher wrasses, BUT liveaquaria does, BUT I did not know that there was many different kinds of flashers....which one is recommended for corals and percs?

bllfish
10/07/2005, 05:49 PM
Marine Fishes by Scott Michael

bllfish
10/07/2005, 05:53 PM
Try this thread
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=463869&highlight=fairy+wrasse