PDA

View Full Version : New(larger tank)

boxfishbruce
10/04/2005, 04:45 PM
I have spent the better part of the last 1 1/2 learning about marine tanks. (mostly thru making mistakes) Currently have a 40G with fish , live rock, some soft stuff(mushrrooms etc) and a clean-up crew. Setting up a 155G AGA in the basement. Plumbing works (loud though) ....about 200lbs or cured live rock(bought tank used) is in but the transfer caused some death(smell) . I also brought about 50 gallons of the old water with the rock and added it to the "fresh " water. I am currently trying to get the water parameters correct(PH/SG etc).

What is my next step?? I have a hang-on biowheel currently running in an extra tank that I could let run in the new tank. Will this speed up the bio process?. I plan on doing a pretty large water change over the weekend. Should I just throw in some crabs and or damsels and let them mature the tank for a few weeks?

rbrice020378
10/04/2005, 04:57 PM
Do you have any pics of your current set up. It will make helping you out a little easier. Sorry I'm a visual person.

rickbirdman
10/04/2005, 05:16 PM
take some readings with test kits and see how the amonia, nitrates, nitrites, and ph. if everything seems ok close to the readings you can add the clean up crew .