PDA

View Full Version : Top To Bottom

WatchUrSix
03/02/2002, 08:51 PM
First i just want to say thanks for the help people. The tank i was going to start was a 40G wet\dry system. I'm going back to my LFS to talk about a Deed Sand Bed system. The fact that I'm starting in a small tank i want to make sure I'm keeping the Nitrate lvls down. From what I've heard, and read online, the easy way to do this is, "DSB".

I think my LFS is the kind of person that would tell me i was better off with a wet\dry because of the cost and that fact that i don't think he's ever worked with anything else. "OLD TIMER" I just want to go in there knowing what to look for.

If you guys know of sites that explan the process of building a DSB tank, that would be awesome. I want to do this right the first time, cuz i know i am still going to make waves. But as small as my ocean is, i can't afford title waves.

Or if someone felt like giving me a lay out of supplies i would need that would be kool to. Please try not to use the initials, I am a newb here and I haven't got much of the lingo down.

Thanks People. :eek1: :confused: :D :p

asmujica
03/02/2002, 09:22 PM
How to make a dsb:

1. Add 4 or + inches of sand
2. Add live rock
3. Presto....

Bonus: Add detrivore kit

Easy as h*ll, just make sure you get the right grain size and that is it. It'l take a while to kick in though.

DgenR8
03/02/2002, 11:20 PM
WatchUrSix,
This link wil take you to Dr. Ron's forum, look around there or just do a search on Deep Sand Beds or DSB. The information is out there in abundance.

http://www.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&forumid=40