PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Algae

theishkid
10/01/2005, 03:24 PM
Is there any good way to get rid of bubble algae? it's not all the big bubbles that you can pick off by hand either. Most of it is the little clusters. I had good luck with emerald crabs taking care of the bubble algae in my older tank, but I also credit the emerald with killing my clown (don't know for sure though). I was told the emeralds pick at sps too. So is there any real solution?

-TS-Vash
10/01/2005, 04:19 PM
I have 2 in my tank and there the biggest i have ever seen i have never had a problem i dont think they ate your fish but you would know better than me i would give them a 2nd chance.

bertoni
10/01/2005, 04:28 PM
Some emerald crabs eat fish, but they're all individuals. For this type of algae problem, growing and harvesting a macroalga might help. It worked for me, anyway.

theishkid
10/01/2005, 04:56 PM
I have some chaeto right now in the main tank and I am putting a light on my sump/fuge tonight actually to help it grow a little better. The problem with the bubble algae is it spreads so fast. I probably will try another emerald... unless there is any other solution.

HaKs310
10/01/2005, 05:33 PM
http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2002-02/hcj/feature/index.php