I have a 5' tank and wanted to add these following fishes:

6 Green Chromis
3 Lyretail Anthias
2 Ocellaris Clowns
1 Royal Gramma

Would this be overstocking?

NexDog
09/28/2005, 01:44 AM
The Royal Gramma is a feisty fish and may pick on some of the others. Apart from that, with some good flow and heavy skimming I reckon you'd be fine. With 11 fish of 3 peaceful species like that, I don't think aggression will be an issue.

TheAquascaper
09/28/2005, 02:23 AM
Also, they will all be itty bitty specimens. Gives them some time to grow out.

Newflee
09/28/2005, 02:57 AM
There's no problem with that list at all. The only problem is that anthias are typically difficult to keep in the long term. In order to have best success you need to stock your anthias with one male, the remainder being female. Their coloration is obvious so get a book or search the net if you don't know the telltales.

I personally have not found Royal Grammas to be feisty at all except to the same species. Your Gramma would have never seen any of those species in nature so fighting should not be a problem.

When you say 5' tank I'm assuming it's @ 90 gals+ so your fine big time unless it is just an empty tank of water.

NexDog
09/28/2005, 04:10 AM
Actually mine was a Royal Dottyback (Pseudochromis paccagnella). Total terror. But beautiful fish....

http://store1.yimg.com/I/marinedepotlive_1859_13333726

discocarp
09/28/2005, 07:03 AM
BIG difference between that dottyback and a gramma. :P Grammas are generally pretty peaceful, although sometimes you'll get a spunky one. :P