PDA

View Full Version : Bristle Worm Infestation

reefdr111
09/27/2005, 04:58 AM
WHAT CAN I DO TO GET RID OF THESES WORMS?:eek1:

JumboShrimp
09/27/2005, 05:16 AM
Why would you want to get rid of them? are they causing you problems?

jarhed
09/27/2005, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by reefdr111
WHAT CAN I DO TO GET RID OF THESES WORMS?:eek1:

You put some in a cup with water and send them to me. :D

Long Time Beginner
09/27/2005, 09:16 AM
I've never gotten anything very interesting with my liverock. The other day, I was at the LFS and they had this rock that was just crawling with bristleworms, probably a dozen or more. I really wanted to buy it but the rock was about two feet in diameter, no way I could fit that in at this point...not to mention paying LFS prices for what had to have been a 20+ lb rock. I wish I had some bristleworms!

Edit: 100 posts for me! :D

Ramble On Rose
09/27/2005, 09:16 AM
I had so many bristel worms I didnt know what to do as well... I noticed when I beefed up my cleanup crew and cleaned up my tank they decreased in number. Supposedly a coral banded shrimp will eat them, and I got one of those as well, but I have never actually seen him eat them. You may want to try one or just get some more hermits/snails. Or try feeding less if there is too much excess food.

jeffbrig
09/27/2005, 09:19 AM
too many worms = too much food

Be glad they have multiplied, otherwise that uneated food would have killed your water quality. If you want to have less worms, reduce feeding and their population will decline.

Steven Pro
09/27/2005, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by jeffbrig
too many worms = too much food

Be glad they have multiplied, otherwise that uneated food would have killed your water quality. If you want to have less worms, reduce feeding and their population will decline. Ditto.