PDA

View Full Version : Update on Fungia and Turbinaria Problem

Stoli
02/28/2002, 08:14 PM
Well, it looks like the Fungia and turbinaria are making a major comeback. The Fungia is now back to fully extending its polyps and the turbinaria looks happy again. Now for the new problem. The bubble coral that I think I injured seems to be wasting away. Looks like it's receded about 1/2 from the base. Anyone ever bring one of these back?

ReeferMac
03/01/2002, 07:17 AM
Stoli,

I've got a Fungia/Plate Coral that's been through hell and back, long story about all the things that poor sucker's lived through. They're tough corals, I'm sure it will come around fine. I feed mine a whole Prawn, Krill or Silverside about once a week, and it's been doing great for several years, despite my care in the early days.

Dave's the resident Bubble Coral expert. I've never had good luck with them either, but haven't tried one in a couple years (damn sweepers). Dave's actually was spawning last night! He got a few pics, but don't know if he's posted them yet. Hey Dave, you listening? The FTP's running if you want to post them there, then they're linked on the USR site.

- Mac

Gary Majchrzak
03/01/2002, 08:34 AM
Stoli, Plerogyra's are amongst the easiest corals to 'bring back from the dead'.Don't give up on that thing yet!Feedings,if possible, help with recovery.

Playfair
03/01/2002, 08:45 AM
I'm here, man :)

It probably got infected when upside down... I would lightly blow and/or suck off any dying flesh several times per day. When there is no more disintigration, then just allow it to recover.

Here's a link (http://archive.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=67692) to the bubble spawn post in the main forum.