PDA

View Full Version : Please help. A year is too long.

WDL5
09/24/2005, 08:53 AM
I posted the following in the general discussion forum and was referred here....

I cannot access the site from my other two handles. I would like to be contacted by an administrator to resolve this issue. I will not click on another link to e-mail anyone because this does not work and/or I don't get a response.
Please excuse me if I sound irritated or frustrated, but this has been going on for about a year now. Maybe longer.

Here's what I've tried....

- Registered two new Handles (so far this one's working).

- Re-Activated one of the accounts (lasted a day).

- Tried having my password reset and e-mailed to me several times. (The password that is sent back does not work).

- Tried E-mailing RC staff (no response). Now I can't even do that without an activated, registered screenname. How are you supposed to get assistance activating a screenname if you need an activated screen name to do so??? On what planet does this make sense?

- I asked initially to have the first screen name (Da Blicky) removed so that I could be identified by my fellow reefers on any site as (WDLV)
- I'm pretty sure I haven't been "banned" as I have NEVER posted anything vulger or attacked anyone or done anything else that would otherwise be offensive.

If there is one compassionate person among you that can help me resolve this, I thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Walter LaRoque
AKA - Da Blicky
AKA - WDLV
AKA - WDL5

P.S. WDLV is the account that I would like to have activated. I do not now nor have I ever wanted two handles. I just want one that works. That is the ONLY reason that the second and third were created.

beerguy
09/24/2005, 10:46 AM
All of those accounts are active and available. I'm not sure what, exactly, that I can do?

WDL5
09/24/2005, 12:30 PM
Beerguy,
Thanks for your response. Maybe it's an AOL issue???

I suppose I need to look into removing the additional accounts to get one to work. I'll play with it some more and see if I can resolve the issue myself. If this is the only one that will work I will have to live with it.

BrianD
09/24/2005, 12:41 PM
Beerguy, would it help to change the "WDLV" name to something else, and change the "WDL5" name to "WDLV"?

Agu
09/24/2005, 07:34 PM
This may not help you but for others reading many mods can be contacted at their name @reefCentral.com.

See my sig for an example..........

WDL5
09/25/2005, 07:51 AM
Thanks Agu. I'll try it.

Is there anyone in particular to whom this question should be directed?

beerguy
09/25/2005, 11:50 AM
Walter you can email me if you can add any information but I'm an admin and can honestly say that their isn't anything different those accounts. All of them are active and available for your use. When you say "doesn't work" what are you trying?

WDL5
09/25/2005, 03:52 PM
Beerguy,
Sorry, I should have elaborated.
To be more specific, if I try to log on to the other accounts, I get a message saying that I'm not an authorized user. That I may be trying to edit someone elses post, my account may be awaiting activation or that it may have been deactivated by an administrator.

I tried numerous times to have my password reset and sent to me thinking that I may have forgotten it. When the password comes in and I try to cut and paste it from the e-mail to the password prompt, I still get the same message afterward saying that I am not an authorized user. I've tried typing it in too for fear that I had copied a space and that was what was causing the problem. Nope. That doesn't work either.

So the next step I take is to go through the account activation process, follow the link that is given and it tells me that my account has been activated. Yet when I try to browse or post or follow a link in from another site it gives me the same old message saying that I am not an authorized user......

I thought for a while that I had been "banned" but couldn't understand why. I'm glad that's not the case!

Thanks,
Walt

beerguy
09/25/2005, 04:06 PM
This sounds like a cookie problem. Use the "log out" link on the main page. Navigate to a non-reefcentral page (google, etc.), delete your cookies, close your browser and then give it another try. Another possibility is that you have firewall or privacy protection software that is interfering with cookie interaction between RC and your system.

WDL6
09/25/2005, 04:27 PM
I realized it probably as you were typing. The problem is that I selected not to be logged in automatically when I visit the site. I must have done this on every account. I was just on the site editing my profile and when I tried to log back in I was unable. I had to create yet another screen name just to post this.

I don't understand why it won't let me log on with the correct username and password????

I do have privacy protection. I'm not sure how to delete cookies.

Will I be able to remove the additional screen names if I do this?

Another problem is that I can't access the other screen names as long as I have cookies enabled on this one......

beerguy
09/25/2005, 05:10 PM
I've removed Da Blicky and WDL5.

If you post what browser you're using and what privacy protection software that you're using perhaps someone can talk you through it. There isn't a setting on Reef Central that I can change to make this work for you. Sorry.

SeanT
10/02/2005, 09:55 AM
WDL6,

[welcome]

Oh come on now...you KNOW that was funny! :lol:

greenighs
10/02/2005, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by WDL5
- Tried E-mailing RC staff (no response). I've never gotten a response when PM staff or admin here. I suspect they're swamped.

beerguy
10/02/2005, 11:36 AM
:rolleyes:

I'm not sure who you guys have tried to contact, and how you did it, but it's pretty rare to not get a response to a question or request for assistance.

BrianD
10/02/2005, 08:50 PM
It would be helpful if you would post the addresses you used so we can verify their accuracy.