PDA

View Full Version : Tunze Rocks

mtraylor
09/23/2005, 11:34 AM
I have been thinking about mounting my Tunze's in the rocks they provide. Can anyone tell me how they mount in them. Have you had any success with them? ARe they worth the money?

sjm817
09/23/2005, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by mtraylor
Tunze Rocks
Yes, they sure do! :rollface:

thrlride
09/23/2005, 12:25 PM
LOL

I don't have the rocks and don't plan to use them so I don't think they are worth the money but I imagine they do a good job of hiding the pumps.

Large Polyp Dave
09/23/2005, 12:30 PM
they're okay. you can get some a couple deadspots depending on where you place them.

- it takes a little time to position them so they're inconspicous
- they cover up in coraline very fast

http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/2166/gang3dq.jpg

disregard the arrows. i was trying to figure out the best way to aim them

mtraylor
09/23/2005, 12:52 PM
Wow I think I found them in your picture. I guess that picture speaks more than words. Its really hard to the find the pumps. So are they hard to mount inside the rock Dave? Do you clamp them in? Oh by the way.... Very nice tank.

Ramble On Rose
09/23/2005, 01:00 PM
You dont have to do anything to mount them. Just push them in. It is a friction fit that works very well.

thrlride
09/23/2005, 01:33 PM
After seeing that tank shot that's making me rethink using them. :D

Do you need the magnet mounts still?

Large Polyp Dave
09/23/2005, 03:10 PM
no magnets, just the rocks

Herbert T. Kornfeld
09/23/2005, 04:20 PM
I would go with the larger 6200s in a 180...they still might not hit the corners as much, but their flow will carry the whole way across the tank, and then the wash from this will hit all the other parts of the tank as it flows back. This also allows you to mount the TR's farther to either side. Also, manipulating the wave time can help with this as sometimes people put their pumps on such short times that the burst never gets enough time to make a complete loop and circle around the tank hitting everything. Making a longer burst gives the pump more time to hit everything...not just blowing water across the tank, but then having the water circle back around and hit all the dead spots can happen with just a little more time. I suppose it just comes down to giving the Stream enough time to 'build up steam' before it shuts off.

6100s should do it, but 6200s do make it easier to get flow EVERYWHERE. They are slight overkill, but they get it done. My cousin uses two on his 125. They move that tank like you wouldnt believe. He has them on shorter bursts because of this, otherwise if he left one on full blast for more than a minute a sandstorm might form!