PDA

View Full Version : Results of Buffalo Trip

Stoli
02/27/2002, 06:43 PM
Just thought I'd fill everyone in on my trip to the city of the Bills, Sabres, Snow and Wings.

First, and most important, I got a mighty taco. Teds Hotdogs is better and Duffs is way way way by an order of magnitude better :eek: :eek: :eek: .

Second, the Fish Place is a really nice fresh water store but I wasn't impressed by its Salt water selection. Corals were pretty limited and the tanks didn't look particularly well maintained. Big selection of fresh water and a good selection of salt water fish but nothing I'd go out of my way for.

Third, Salt Water Paradise was pretty good. In fact, I bought a way overpriced (no, I won't say how much, I'm too embarassed) blue tipped acro. It's a nice piece but probably could have done much better at Dr. Macs. Hopefully, I'll have some frags to share in a little while. Pretty big piece. Nice store (cross between Marine Oasis and Carribean Forest). People who work there know Todd and Playfair (wink wink). Described them, with less than total love, as the guys who sell frags. Told them Todd and Playfair aren't so bad once you get past the odor.:D

Anyway, I'm not sure I'd make a special trip to either place. I wonder what Reef Splendor is like. Have heard great things about it.

Just hope my expensive Acro does well.

That's all for now. Later guys and dolls.

ToddsReef
02/27/2002, 07:41 PM
HEY! I've never sold frags to either one of those places!
Todd

dmorel
02/27/2002, 07:51 PM
I read that as
you are the guys that sell frags to US, so we do not buy from them
(where by US, I mean the people on this board, and the rochester reef folks in general) they probably wouldn't mind if you sold them frags and let them make a mark up on it, but when you cut them out of the mix... There goes what about 40% is my best guess on the mark up. Dry Goods are higher I am thinking...

Speaking of which... You mentioned you had some purple edged capricornis in a previous thread.

Next time you feel like selling a frag, think of me... I have no allegience to anybody :)

-david

Stoli
02/27/2002, 08:03 PM
Holy cow!!. I've got to be way more careful about my lousy use of tongue and cheek. The guys at SWP knew Todd and Dave but said nothing disparaging about either of them. Anyway, the rest of the post, especially about my experience remains. Sorry if I caused any confusion. Anyone who knows me is aware of my absolute lack of comic ability. From now on, I will only post with a straight face :p unless I'm poking fun at my own odor.

P.S. I had to drive through a snow storm to get to these places. Does that count for anything??:D

dmorel
02/27/2002, 11:13 PM
Forget it Stoli,
Todd has sworn that place off forever now and it is your fault.

Not to mention he is probably sending them a very nasty email detailing all the terriable things you said about them right now!

You sir are a bad person.

Disclaimer: the text prior to this disclaimer was a JOKE.
PS: I just got out of the shower, so I do not currently smell,
but the tennis I played tonight stunk worse then the gunk in my skimmer.

-dm

drtango
02/28/2002, 09:25 AM
I know the exact coral you bought--it is a real beauty but $$$$

Hope it does well for you.

Stoli
02/28/2002, 09:49 AM
Just wanted to note that the coral I purchased at SWP was actually a blue tipped staghorn acro. Did really well overnight. Hope I can keep it happy.

kmagyar
02/28/2002, 01:07 PM
Stoli. I know the acro you bought. That's a very nice piece. Way $$$. Yea the guys at SWP are a bit strange to say the least. I think the 70s go the best of them or something like that. Then again allot of people from the Tonawanda's are strange (myself). That wasnt directed at you Mac. I just wish that you would have called me to stop by. I live down the road from The Fish Place. Maybe next time. Good luck with the acro.

Stoli
02/28/2002, 03:48 PM
Keith:

Sorry I couldn't stop by yesterday. I actually was going to call you if was able to schedule the time but the snow messed up my schedule pretty bad. I'm in Buffalo pretty regularly for court so next time, I'll give you a ring ahead of time and we can grab lunch or something.

Anyway, I can't wait to get home and see how my newest addition is doing. If it does well for a couple of months, I might try and put in an order at Dr. Macs. If I do, I'll try to get a bunch of us together for a big order. Maybe we can work a deal with them.

skyywelker
03/02/2002, 07:07 PM
First, and most important, I got a mighty taco. Teds Hotdogs is better and Duffs is way way way by an order of magnitude better .

Mighty Taco is the best fast food EVER! :D

Stoli
03/02/2002, 09:34 PM
Actually, the best fast food ever is New York City pizza. It can only be found (to the best of my knowledge) at one location in Western New York (The Pizza Stop on State Street across from the Federal Bldg.).