PDA

View Full Version : one clown or two

fuzzman
02/27/2002, 11:06 AM
if i wanted to get a false percula should i get one or two. they are not mated pairs so there is really now way of knowing male and female right. they are very small but my LFS seems to only want to sell them in pairs. well one for 19.99 or two for 29.99 what do you thiunk i should do. get one or two. i have a 29 gallon with 60 pounds live rock and bak pak 2 skimmer. also if i only got one could i get another fish too.

ron4675
02/27/2002, 11:12 AM
You could house two clowns in a 29 gallon tank. Possibly one more SMALL fish with it, depending on your filtration. Clowns will change sex through their lives. The more dominate clown will become the female and the less the male. The Female will typically also become larger than the male. So with two young clowns they "should" pair up one becoming female and one staying male. Just watch to be sure the more dominate one doesn't harass the less dominate one too much. Be sure to provide plenty of hiding spaces.
Oh and $30 for two small clowns is a bit pricey IMO.

jciaccio
02/27/2002, 11:15 AM
I paid 12 dollars per fish for my pair I just got. I believe you can find them cheaper though.