PDA

View Full Version : ok now what do I do? LOL

saltwaterfishlover
02/26/2002, 10:36 PM
Ok finally moved into the 120 completely.... water specs are good just got algea...
for now there is only 2 vho's over it but have a icecap 660 an d4 more on the way... once I get that will build the bottom half of a canopy. Then when more money arives get the 2 400wt mh's and reflectors.... what do you think of tank so far and which might be better spyder reflector, pfo or diamond lights (luminarc III) donations of a cup of live sand from any who wish to contribute to a health sand bed and sump are greatly appreciated.
thanks
andy

saltwaterfishlover
02/26/2002, 10:50 PM
here's a picture

_ShotgunShrimp_
02/26/2002, 11:29 PM
looks great now just hang on until you get the rest of the lighting and bingo put in you some SPS and more SPS and a bigger tnak and more SPS and more lights and eventually youll have a 5000 gallon kieth magyar tank :)

ReeferMac
02/27/2002, 07:18 AM
Nice Tank Andy, who's the reefkeeper there down in the front? Protector of the reef?

I'd try to find the money for the lighting you're talking about.. tank will cycle all over again practically when you get those sucker's lit and up there. I had a big algae outbreak in my tank when I upgraded to Halides. Better to get that out of the way now, when there's nothing in there, than later when it's covering up your prize frags. I can cover you on the Live Sand... My bed's are getting smaller though, can't give you too much. I gotta get a bag of Southdown soon. I can scoop out plenty of worms and bugs however, I just need the sand ;-) Won't be a DSB for long at the rate things are going :p

For a tank that size though (is this a new tank? Or old tank moved into new?), I'd seriously consider getting a kit or two from IPSF, IA, etc.
You've got a lot of tank/room there to get populated, and the more you start with the quicker it will get going. Best to do it now too, while there isn't much in there in the way of predators (i.e. fish). Gives everything a chance to get settled in and find their niche in your system.

- Mac

saltwaterfishlover
02/27/2002, 07:34 AM
Mac I got a 50 of southdown in the garage. Between the sump and tank I have 100. Yes the little guy is going to be a gaurdian for the tank need to glue a couple rocks to his feet so he will stay under tho once he's covered in coraline might look pretty neet. http://www.lego.com/eng/bionicle/characters.asp?charid=onua . I had a 20 long with "livesand" but no bugs and stuff just that prepacked stuff from CF and a lb or so from assorted stores. Should I add more sand to the tank (add 25 or so and supplement your tanks too)? Inhabitants right now are
2 ocselarus 1 foxface 1 hippo 1 yellow neon goby 1 pigmy angel 1 black cuke asst trocus astrea and turbo snails and about 30 scaret and blue leggs combines... may evict them tho. and lets see 1 hairy mushroom rock.. 1 blue rock.. some clove polyp, 1 bubble tip 1 waratah, some metalic star polyp and a purple(brown) frag from dave digitatah(?).

_ShotgunShrimp_
02/27/2002, 09:37 AM
how long has this tank been setup??????????????????????????

saltwaterfishlover
02/27/2002, 10:11 AM
the offical birthday is 1/26/02 rightr after the meeting at dave's.
added water and 100 lbs of uncured rock. that tuesday 1/29 added another 100lb. I think 2/1 added 100lb southdown to sump and tank (total). um 2/16 drained sum and rebuilt it with better baffles and good silicone let cure 48 hrs then filled up and kept going. 2/24 moved 40lb of cured rock from my 3yr old 20long to the tank. added 15 snails too. last night 2/26 moved my fish and corals (and i use the term loosely LOL)

saltwaterfishlover
03/05/2002, 09:28 PM
what do you all think good bad indiferent

DanGlock23
03/05/2002, 11:57 PM
Man, am I ever drooling! I have been making a list (and trying to keep it away from my wife - who will kill me if she see's the numbers) of what I want for my 500 gallon AGA - ha - OK - so it's a list for a 90 gallon - but jeez - I was looking at Gary M's reef site and clicked on the link to LifeReef to price sumps - and oh my God! - $700 bucks for a sump with a skimmer - there has got to be something cheaper out there !

Did I mention your tank is making me drool?

Dan

ReeferMac
03/06/2002, 05:45 AM
$700 bucks for a sump with a skimmer - there has got to be something cheaper out there !

Yeah sure, an old 55 gal aquarium and just about any of the other brands of skimmer out there. Lifereef make some quality stuff, no doubt about it. But So does Mercedes..... I drive a Mercury.

- Mac

saltwaterfishlover
03/06/2002, 08:01 AM
This is just a 5 week old tank If you think this looks good you gotta look at everyone else's they are much better than this.
yes this isnt a cheap lifestyle but is definately enjoyable...

Playfair
03/06/2002, 10:46 AM
Looking VERY good!!