PDA

View Full Version : What did you get your aquacultered flase percs started on?

MBvash
09/17/2005, 12:13 PM
I posted this in New to the Hobby aswell.

Yesterday I just recieved two aquacultured black false percs from liveaquaria.com.

About half an hour after I put them in my tank I tried to feed them flake but they were only interested in swimming agianst the glass.

So I covered thier tank with a blanket until this morning. I remove the blanket and try to feed them agian with the flake food that I have. One of em will take a break from swimming agianst the glass and go look at it maybe take a little nip at a couple flakes but then go right back to the glass while the other one just swims agianst the glass.

My tank perams are good and they respond to me when I place my hand against the glass (they move back and stare at it).

A couple things that I would like to know. Is this typical behavior for a aquacultered false perc? What food did you get yours started out on? and What was thier behavior like when you introduced them into your tank?

Thanks, Justin.

Dude123
09/17/2005, 12:53 PM
It's common for fish not to eat the first day, especialy if they are stressed, such as from being shipped. All of my fish spent the first day in the tank in hiding, and would not eat for a day or two. Actually for about a week, my damsel stayed inside a roughly 6"x6" box of water next to a rock pile in my 65g.

Try again with the flake, and if that doesnt work, some sort of frozen food. Mine took flake right away, but I've found that most fish have trouble resisting frozen foods. You can try one of the mixes as well as mysis and brine shrimp, though brine dont have much nutritional value, but fish have a very hard time not eating it, so it may be a useful tool to get them used to your feeding them in the tank.

good luck

aquamaster66
09/18/2005, 11:46 AM
flake food

Salty Brother
09/18/2005, 12:08 PM
Mine took pellets and flakes about a day after being in the tank, and they love the pellets, also I feed them mysis and brine. They are very healthy! And remember feeding them a variety of food helps them keep their color! :thumbsup: