PDA

View Full Version : Going to Buffalo Tomorrow

Stoli
02/26/2002, 02:50 PM
I'm going to Buffalo tomorrow. Three things.

1. Which store should I visit (only have time for one).
2. Directions to the store.
3. Can I pick up anything for anyone while I'm there (can't wait to see the responses to this one :) ).

Thanks.

Zmann
02/26/2002, 06:01 PM
The Fish Place... I90 to 290 north get off at colvin rd make a right. You will be heading east on Colvin rd for about 2 miles. When you come to Robinson rd take a left. The store will be on your left side about a mile down the road. By the way the stores are only 5min apart. You could hit both and still have time to goto MIGHTY TACO.

Stoli
02/26/2002, 06:41 PM
Zmann:

Thanks for the directions. What is the other store that is nearby? Maybe I'll go to both if time allows.

Thanks again.

Zmann
02/26/2002, 07:00 PM
Saltwater Paradise......... When you get off at the Colvin exit and you make a right take your first left. Not sure what street it is but its your first left. Go down about 2 miles. You'll go by a Walgreens which will be on the right side of the rd,, keep going straight.. Turn right on main st. and it will be 50 yds down on your left which is a couple of stores I think before Mighty Taco.

Zmann
02/26/2002, 07:03 PM
Stoli another thing is I cant remember if the road I told you is right. The 290 one it might be 190. In any case vear to your when you come out of the gate (toll booth).. You will be going North

ToddsReef
02/26/2002, 08:05 PM
Stoli,
Thanks for the offer and DEFINITELY go to Mighty Taco!:smokin:
Todd

Playfair
02/26/2002, 08:15 PM
Let me help with the order here...

First, go to SaltWater Paradise, the one that's the first left heading east on Colvin. (10 min)

THEN hit Mighty Taco, next door. (10 min)

Head back to Colvin, go further east to Robinson and hit The Fish Place (10 min)

Keiths place is right down the road from TFP, nobody should go to N.Tonowanda without dropping in! (2 hrs)

SO, with 7 minutes driving between each place (once on Colvin) You only need 30min to hit BOTH LFS's, and only a couple more hours to visit Keiths! :)

ps- you should probably warn him if you do have time!

DanGlock23
02/26/2002, 08:37 PM
One Mighty Taco del Grande please...with Sour Cream! Oh...I really like them when they are still relatively warm....

Nothing else. Thanks!

Dan

Stoli
02/26/2002, 09:47 PM
So,
Dan get's a taco, Playfair is now my scheduling secretary, Todd is hungry and Zman is numerically challenged.

BTW: If I'm in Buffalo, I'm either going to Duffs for wings or Ted's for a hotdog. Only way I eat Taco's is if someone can prove that they really use meat. Especially if I see any stray dogs or cats around. :eek1:

DanGlock23
02/26/2002, 10:18 PM
Stray dogs? Cats? Cancel my del Grande please....

Dan

:eek2:

saltwaterfishlover
02/26/2002, 10:27 PM
If your going to Tedd's I'll take a jumbo with cheese chilli and onions..... I think at the Fish place they had a nice small piece of purple fire coral that be nice.... cant afford it but be nice...

ReeferMac
02/27/2002, 07:11 AM
Stoli,

Forget everything Dave told you, you don't need to go back to Colvin to get to The Fish Place, and I'd go to SW Paradise first anyway, Joe always has the nicer stuff.

Take the 90 to Buff., veer right (north), to the *90.. forget which one it is too. Just follow the signs to Niagara Falls. Go passed Colvin, get off at Deleware Ave, Northbound in tonawanda (Rt. 384). Take Deleware North for a couple mile's, You'll come to a light at a weird corner just before you go over a bridge (Burger King on the R. Corner across from a Church). Turn Left at this light (90 degree turn), go to the next light, hang a right, find a parking spot. Mighty and SW Paradise are across the street.

Checkout Joe's stuff, put something on hold, and go get a taco - Nacho's Deluxe Hot, Supermighty Softshell, Medium, Sour Cream, Large Loganberry please. Go Back to Joe's get yer stuff, get back in the car and head to TFP. Call Keith on the way, have him meet you at the store. Start the car, continue heading north on Main Street (the direction you're headed in how unless parking was a mess), go up and over the bridge. After the bridge, take the 2nd or 3rd street on your right, either one will do. Follow that until you get to Oliver (half-mile?) Turn left on Oliver, and go a half dozen lights or so. TFP will be on your right, when the road makes a jog to the right, turn and find a parking spot. They're a brown brick building with sections painted Blue, there's an aquascape or two on the side fo the building, can't miss it (across from a pizza joint). Keith can get you from TFP to his house ;-)

TFP has Live Brine usually too, tons of fish, and a decent selection of corals from time to time.

- Mac

drtango
02/27/2002, 10:11 AM
If you get to the Fish Place, they have a frag tank where everything has gone brown. They recently still had one of my green hairy slimers--polyps are still long but color is gone. Should color up under halides--make them a cheapo offer!!

Mother colony below, looks like it but totally brown

http://archive.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?postid=446761