PDA

View Full Version : Lifereef Web Site

iPEProjects.com
02/26/2002, 01:26 PM
Hello.

I am posting once again about Lifereef's site. Please check out the new one and give Jeff and me feedback. This is how he wants it, but I would like reefers' opinions as well.

The only thing that works is by hitting 'Products' then 'Berlin'.

www.iPEProjects.com/lifereef

Thanks a lot

Kevin Buch
www.iPEProjects.com

newkie
02/26/2002, 01:54 PM
Doesn't look as slick as the other one you posted. Just looks like a ho-hum site. Thing is I don't think that matters, people go to Jeff because of word of mouth and I think he relies on lots of information rather than slick graphics to sell his products.

kd233
02/26/2002, 02:14 PM
I like this version better. The only thing I would suggest is to make the background one color (white). The background makes the text a little hard to read.

iPEProjects.com
02/26/2002, 03:39 PM
kd233 >>

I will see what I can do about the background. Jeff wants that particular image, and the only thing I can really do is to make it lighter.

I will see how that looks and upload it if it makes a difference.

Thanks for the opinions,

Kevin Buch
www.iPEProjects.com
(If you go there for a reef site, the listed prices do not apply:))

Panda
02/26/2002, 04:28 PM
I'm still fond of what I was gonna do for his site.

Dave's Lifereef design (http://www.gmi.net/~teedlebugg/Lifereef/)

Nothing against Jeff, I own two of his single overflow boxes, but I will say good luck to you Kevin...Jeff has a certain way of thinking about his web site and from what I could gather, very hesitant to change his current site...

Dave

Leopardshark
02/26/2002, 05:09 PM
Panda, what a great site design you have!!!, that´s the way i like a site

Experimenter
02/26/2002, 05:09 PM
Wow! Dave, that is a nice site.

I personally don't like the current site or the one linked at the top of this thread. FWIW, I am a Lifereef faithful, so webstie design really doesn't mean much to me. It is just that Dave's version is much more "professional." But maybe Jeff doesn't want that - it might bring images of mass production.

Good luck,
John

daffynmark
02/26/2002, 05:27 PM
Very nice Dave! Being 'in the business' on the creative end, I like the look you put together. Functionally it is easier to navigate and I like being able to click and see larger images. Very clean!

Kevin: backgrounds make the text harder to read. Maybe a solid color would be best. Try a solid color pulled from the image Jeff likes. If you must keep the BG image, try using a color other than red as your link. Red shows up great on white but tends to vibrate on other colors making it harder to read. When things are hard to read people tire easily and don't tend to stick around the website near as long.

Cindy

foozed
02/26/2002, 05:35 PM
Dave, thats the nicest version I've seen yet!

ShipMate
02/26/2002, 06:31 PM
I liked the older version better. This seems to0 dark and no fun to go through.

I do respect the effort you are putting into this. It can't be easy and you cant please everybody of course.

JerseyReef
02/26/2002, 07:58 PM
Dave(Panda) - Real nice site design...too bad Jeff didn't go with it. His site is a PITA to navigate...IMO ;)

bowfront
02/26/2002, 08:25 PM
Dave, nice job too bad he didn't go with it. Jeff's old website was kind of rediculous and this new version doesn't look much better. Oh well I guess his products sell themself. Personally I hate complicated sales sites. The easier to navigate and find what you are looking for the better.

deReef
02/26/2002, 08:30 PM
I will agree that Daves version is much nicer.It is easier to navigate and just looks GREAT.As far as IPGprojects version just is not one that I would navigate through.There is just something about it that I really do not like.It just seems not to be very user friendly.

iPEProjects.com
02/27/2002, 12:29 AM
In response to Daves site,

I hate to admit this, but I like your design much better as well. I had one going which resembled that one more than anything else, but, as you said, Jeff wanted it to resemble to old one with the exception of the toolbar on top.

The design I originally showed him had the verdana size one font, plenty of graphics, and a much more simple layout.

Oh well, I was really posting to see if people even like this type of layout. As important as it is to impress customers, the first priority is to satisfy the owner.

Maybe someday he'll decide on an option more like yours. Anyways, nice work.

I will change the colors of the links, as Jeff wants this background.

Kevin Buch
www.iPEProjects.com

daffynmark
02/27/2002, 09:34 AM
Good Luck Kevin. I know what you are going through! As you said the customer does come first!

Cindy

ravenmore
02/27/2002, 09:47 AM
Personally I'd ditch the background all together. I've always thought picture backgrounds clutter up a site and often make text hard to read.