PDA

View Full Version : Free to a good home

twarren
02/25/2002, 09:50 PM
I have to break down my tanks because I am moving and will not be able to set them up for a while.

All the livestock has to go

What I have left is:

200 Lbs. Fiji live rock
100 lbs base rock
1 yellow damsel
1 blue damsel
1 coral banded shrimp
approx 50 Nasarrius Snails
A few hermit crabs
a couple turbo snails
3 Red Mangrove seedlings
6 Montipora Digitata Frags
Live sand

email me at

twarren-9@comcast.net

The live rock should be gone tonight Thanks to Steve and John

everything is gone !!!

Aquariust
02/25/2002, 10:08 PM
intrested in giving some Live Rock away to a good home?

I'll take some, your phones busy:)

-John

bahrhoops
02/25/2002, 10:10 PM
Tom ,
I'll be down for the rock tomorrow if your around ,
thanks ! - Steve

ATLANTIS
02/25/2002, 10:50 PM
man....

The vultures swoop ;)

lbussy
02/25/2002, 10:53 PM
First time I've wished I was in NJ. :P

bahrhoops
02/26/2002, 05:03 AM
John,
Let Tom know how much rock you want and we can split it up.The kill may be too much for just one vulture alone :D
maybe I'll see you tonight
-steve

katspaw
02/26/2002, 08:26 AM
I would be more than happy to take anything off your hands, I have been looking for some more mangroves, and just haven't got around to buying them yet. I sent you an email.

Tracey

Aquariust
02/26/2002, 12:25 PM
Tracey if Steve doesn't want the Mangroves you can have them, as I don't want them, nor any of the SPS.

Steve, I guess your the other guy:)

I guess I'll meet ya there and you can have first pic. From what Tom told me, it's alot! I could use some of the LR and snails, but you called first, so I leave it in your hands.

Give me a ring 609-581-9791

-John

bahrhoops
02/26/2002, 03:49 PM
John,
I'll give you a buzz,we'll split it up and take some back for Tracey.
-steve

kennerd
02/26/2002, 06:26 PM
Hey, guys: I'd be interested in one of the mangroves. I don't know if I can make it to the March meeting, but if Tracey snags them, maybe she'd be nice enough to babysit one for me?

My 10 gal nano gets a lot of natural sunlight, and I have room behind my canopy to let it grow out. Not only that, it's only 12" tall.

katspaw
02/26/2002, 06:43 PM
Don't worry Ken, if I get the mangroves, I will share. :D

Tracey

Rovert
02/26/2002, 07:09 PM
I'm in for the Moti, inverts and snails, if they're still available!

bahrhoops
02/26/2002, 09:13 PM
Tom ,
Thanks again for the rock and stuff !
and let us know when you start up a new tank so I can give you some frags or something in return.
Robert we found about 20 or so snails and split them up between us , I could give you a few (they are Nassarius).I imagine there are still quite a few in there as it was hard to find them because the water was so stirred up.
Tracey , I pulled one mangrove stalk - John has the rest, I think he got a nice bright yellow damsel for you too.
Once again , thanks Tom and good luck -
- steve:)

Aquariust
02/26/2002, 10:29 PM
:beer: here here

THANKS TOM!!!

Really nice setup you had there, too bad your moving:( Like I said, just keep a 29 or something going to keep you intrested. Thanks for everything and good luck to you.

Steve thanks for letting me tag along, to explain the whole story for those who care:

I was cruising the boards, Steve was cruising the boards. Tom posted the add at 9:50pm. I found it at 10:08pm and posted I wanted some, and instantly tried calling Tom. The phone was busy, Steve was talking to him!!! But I didn't know it. So I called again 5 minutes later and Tom answered, and told me what he had, and said another GUY was coming tomorrow at 6:00 pm to get the stuff. He said the GUY wasn't sure if he was coming, so he told me to call him at 6:00 to see if he came.

I was really hoping this GUY was going to back out! Then Steve posted it was him who called:) What a coincidence. So since we both found it at nearly the same time (and Steve was nice enough), we both met at his house today and broke down his tanks.

There were 4 mangroves. About 22" tall or so. Steve took one, so I have 3. Tracey do with them what you please. I also have 2 frags of SPS, which Tracey you can have.

My girlfriend saw the yellow damsel and insisted I put him in our other tank. The blue devil my buddy took for helping me move the stuff.

Thanks Steve!

-John

katspaw
02/27/2002, 08:38 AM
3 wow, thanks guys for picking them up, and 2 sps :D I am in heaven. I promised I would share the mangroves with Ken, Don't worry I haven't forgotten. The mangroves I am not worried about, but I know you are not set up to house the sps corals. You want me to pick them up now. Email me when and how to get to your place.

Tracey

gmh320
02/27/2002, 08:51 AM
Some guys have all the luck...Where was that free rock 2 weeks ago, I just bought 150 lbs for my new 92.:(

Nagel
02/28/2002, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by ATLANTIS
man....

The vultures swoop ;)

uhm, thats an UNDERSTATEMENT. Why couldnt this happen when I was SETTING UP the 75? BEFORE I purchased the 90 lbs???