PDA

View Full Version : my new 350gl tank

reefstyle
09/11/2005, 09:47 PM
I am putting in a new tank at my new home in the next month. It will be 96*36*24 all reef. I have started to have the stand built and will post pic in the next couple days. I would like some help on picking out a protein skimmer euro reef or my reef? calcium reactor? I have 600lbs of rock being cured out. 600 lbs of live sand also. I will be housing lps /leathers/ect.? Lighting I am using 6 250s mh bulbs 10000k with 4 7ft vhos actinic. Flow, I will be using a loop system with a dolphin 6000 gph pump. I will have 4 1 inch drains with 2 1inch return strait into to the tank(using a 1200 gph tit pump and 2 with seaswirls (1 inch) powered with 2 tit 1200 gph pump on each. I am going to use a litermeter to dose kalk and do a 5-10 gl water change per day. ?? ozone?? I did know yet. Could use help on ozone?? thanks dennis

phlipper84
09/11/2005, 10:09 PM
for a tank that size I would recommend an H&S. By the time you are done, it will cost close to the same as a CS-12 but be way more efficient.

imsqueak
09/12/2005, 05:03 PM
Dennis,

Do you have a dedicated sump room so you can remotely locate your pumps and such? Although you get used to the humming you still get annoyed at times if the tank is near your living area like mine is. I tried to put the pumps in my stand originally but that didn't last long...

Since you have this nice new tank in a nice new house you should take steps now to reduce condensation and mildew. Trust me, without giving this some major thought you will have waterfalls on your windows this winter. Cleaning windows with bleach water every week or two is no fun. You might get the painters to use kilz as a primer on all walls near your tank and sump. Just something to think about.

I'm not one that can give much advice on equipment. I like my MR2 ok but I have no experience with others.

Good luck and have fun.

reefstyle
09/12/2005, 06:31 PM
The dehumidifier is on order and I will be venting outside from the cap and stand. Good idea about the primer. All the pumping will go under the house for the humming problem. All the heat and moisture will exit with vent fans. I will also run tops on my system to keep evaporation down.(cross my fingers on the heat no chiller, no chiller!!!)

easttn
09/13/2005, 10:53 PM
Dennis,
MTC ProCal1, best piec of equipment I ever bought. Ca Reactor (marine technical concepts)

Got a Red Sea ozone, but it is being repaired. No real diff in a week.

reefstyle
09/17/2005, 09:45 AM
Charles the link didn't work. Could you please send the web site name. Let me know how the ozone is working. I have received my lights/rock/sand/waiting 2 more weeks for the tank and filter.Then the fun begins. thanks d

easttn
09/17/2005, 09:59 AM
Try this one. Marine Technical Concepts (http://www.marinetechnical.com/page12.html)

I am now really starting to see a color shift, I think it has to do with reduced water clarity and old bulbs. I like O3.