PDA

View Full Version : Good submersible pump

Shrkbait
09/08/2005, 07:51 PM
Hello everyone I am getting ready to purchase a pump for my 120 tank. I have two overflows and plan on having one hole on each side take water to the sump and one on each side to return water to the tank. My sump is not drilled for a outside return pump, so I am looking for a submersible pump. I am also going to be using an ASM G3 skimmer. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated!!

TippyToeX
09/08/2005, 08:04 PM
ASM is a great skimmer, you will be very pleased with what it can pull out. :)

Magdrive pumps are good. You need to clean them often (especially if you drip kalk) but other then that they do very well. :)

Shrkbait
09/08/2005, 09:55 PM
Thx for the reply!! Hey do the mags give off alot of heat and are they loud??

dynamixone
09/08/2005, 09:59 PM
quiet one pumps

AZDesertRat
09/08/2005, 10:44 PM
I use Mag, Quiet One and Ocean Runner pumps. I prefer the Ocean Runners as they seem to be the most efficient which translated means less heat production. Quiet One would be my second choice. They are also more enegy efficient than Mags. A couple of other choices would be Rio Hyperflows (not regular Rios) and Via Aquas.

TitaniuIVI
09/09/2005, 01:37 AM
If you need an extra heater in your tank get a mag drive. If not get an Eheim. Those things are great. I have the 1262 model and it has no heat, no noise, and can be used externaly if you decied to upgrade later.