PDA

View Full Version : Tank overflow

GuardianIns
09/08/2005, 06:43 PM
When my power goes off my overflow tube looses siphon. Can anyone please assist me on this.

When the power comes back on it will overflow my tank!@:confused:

masson
09/08/2005, 06:47 PM
What kind of overflow? Cpr or u-tube?

GuardianIns
09/08/2005, 06:53 PM
I'm new to this... It has the tube that goes from the box in the tank to the box outside of the tank. The overflow hangs on the back of the tank. If that helps any...

geo
09/08/2005, 07:27 PM
Look at the overflow box on the outside of the aquarium that has the drain fitting going to the sump. That fitting on the inside of the overflow box needs to extend taller than the bottom of the U tube siphone. Is yours set up this way?

GuardianIns
09/08/2005, 07:42 PM
It extends past the drain tube about an inch.

geo
09/08/2005, 07:44 PM
is the drain tube solid without any holes or slots? Is there a box on the inside of the aquarium as well? can you get a picture?

spankerbob
09/08/2005, 07:51 PM
If you had picture that would help greatly, but it sound like one of two things.First, you might have the end of the U tube in the wrong place it back, there should be a divivder and on one side it drains in to the sump and on the other it hold the water to be drianed. The side that hold the water is where the u tube is to be placed, and the water level cannot at any time go below the end of the U tube, if it does you have a problem either it is backwards or you need to push it down or it is too short. The second and more likely issue could be that you did not get the air bubble all the way out when creating the siphon, and your flow is to low to suck it through. hope that helps

GuardianIns
09/08/2005, 08:18 PM
Just got tank last night..

It looks to me that the tube has been cut and it is not long enough to keep the siphon. I believe that will fix it. I will get another tube tomorrow. It stills has 3inches deep of water to go. Looks like who I bought it from cut it cause it is so hard to start siphon, it came with a big siphon hose, and I knew it used to not be that easy to get started.

Thanks for the information it helped alot.