PDA

View Full Version : How to set up PH's for best water flow?

20 20
09/08/2005, 07:30 AM
I've had my 29 gallon set up for a week with LR, with 2 Maxi-Jet powerheads, and a small HOB filter:

http://s91977220.onlinehome.us/images/29galsalt/29galwithLR9s.jpg

I was wondering what the best way to direct the water flow is. Right now, I've got the 2 PH's directed so the water flow 'glances' off the LR. One PH in the front left, pointed towards the right, and the other PH in the back right, pointed towards the left. Both are pointed slightly towards the center so the flow hits the LR, not directly, but more of a 'glancing' flow. The HOB filter will get replaced with a HOB skimmer, and need to incorporate that flow also. I'm also considering reworking the rock so it's more of a 'mound' in the center, without any rock touching the sides of the tank.

Basically, what would be good positioning of the PH's and where should the water flow be directed, keeping in mind that there will be a HOB skimmer also? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Spuds725
09/08/2005, 08:15 AM
looks fine to me-- you will know more if you stir up some sand/silt-- watch if flow around so you can see it.