PDA

View Full Version : Angefish Personality - How bold is yours?

AndrewLL
09/08/2005, 06:27 AM
I had a scribbled angelfish about 10 years ago and it was real bold and friendly. It would take food from my hands and come to the front of the tank when I walked past (not swim away like some of the other fish).

I'm setting up a new tank now and I'm planning on having an angel as the centre piece. I have heard of Emperors eating out of their owners hands but was wondering what other species are also quite bold?

nickiwit
09/08/2005, 11:02 AM
Our adult emperor is way too aggressive. It constantly chases the other fish around the tank. We just added a Sohal a couple of days ago and it almost killed it. We had to put up a mirror to distract the angel.

emperior911
09/08/2005, 11:21 AM
Just add your emperor last and you should have any problems. Emperor is my fav fish by far.

Crosshatch trigger Male
Queen Angel
Emperor Angel
Blonde Naso Tang Male
Purple Tang
Guinea fowl puffer

Nocturnal
09/08/2005, 11:41 AM
My Angels (French and Emperor) are extremely bold. Personality plus!!
My Emp will grunt at me to get me to feed him. Funny little fella, although he's not that little.

Billybeau1
09/08/2005, 04:35 PM
My King Angel (passer) is bold as well. Eats out of my hand and is always showing off. He is the king of the tank and shows it.

AndrewLL
09/08/2005, 09:17 PM
I've also heard that Majestics can be quite shy. What about Regals?

juice me man
09/09/2005, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by emperior911
Just add your emperor last and you should have any problems. Emperor is my fav fish by far.

Crosshatch trigger Male
Queen Angel
Emperor Angel
Blonde Naso Tang Male
Purple Tang
Guinea fowl puffer

got any pics of your fish and tank? sounds like a nice setup