PDA

View Full Version : Overflow/sump

BBoley24
09/07/2005, 09:50 PM
Ok so just ordered 2 hob overflow boxes for my 100 gallon. I have no idea what to do with all of this 1 inch piping and ball valves i just bought. Im totally guessing on how to do this. I have to run at least 2 pipes to both boxes and one to the return. every pipe will have at least 2 90 degree bends. Its all in the oceanic sump 2. Now this being said... what am i doing wrong?

BBoley24
09/07/2005, 10:12 PM
no takers?

BBoley24
09/08/2005, 10:06 AM
not an idea?

Timbor
09/08/2005, 10:17 AM
you can check out www.melevsreef.com , he has a lot of good info about sumps and stuff there. HTH

Tim

Reeforbust
09/08/2005, 01:20 PM
Try going to a LFS and asking if they offer some type of installation service......For the money its gonna cost you to install the pipe, and then have to tear it out and re-do it, you should be able to get someone to help you.

I can't even find MV's at Walmart.....???

Spuds725
09/08/2005, 01:24 PM
not sure what you expect from us-- did you have any plan when you bought the over flows??? Why 2???

Melev's site is an excellent resource-- if you have specific questions on your plan-- ask... but I don't think you can expect anyone to design your sump loop for you...

What size sump an what type return pump are you going to use is a good start.

After you have some type of plan-- post up an MS paint drawing of it.

Spuds

Reeforbust
09/08/2005, 01:42 PM
Bboley........everyone on here has told you to slow down and read more before you just jump into buying things that you don't need or don't know how to install............

If you don't want to read and Learn, then you need to just hire someone to come to your house and install Everything, throw some fish in the tank and pay a monthly service charge for them to come back and take care of it.
This is a hobby and passion to most of us........The best part And sometimes worst part is learning about what we are doing and then doing it.

I understand your eagerness to jump in head first, but talking from experience and age, It pays off in the long run to understand what and why you are doing things.

The End;)

aquaman67
09/08/2005, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Reeforbust
This is a hobby and passion to most of us........The best part and sometimes worst part is learning about what we are doing and then doing it.

Well said.

That's why I cringe when someone wants me to set up a tank for them. They see mine and how well it's been going and assume either it's easy or I know what I'm doing.

I've been lucky, yes, but also very careful and patient. It took me over a year to set up my first tank. My new 70 is going on three months now and is no where close to being ready for water.

BBoley24
09/08/2005, 03:42 PM
ah yes.. i have had this tank setup for about 2 weeks and i have been posting and asking questions and researching like crazy. I am bound and determined to show all of you that dont think i want to invest time and money into this thing to be a full fledge hobby. you all tell me to slow down and what not... but im going to show you that i can do the research through trial and error in minimal amount of time. Efficeiency has been the story of my life. so far i am doing everything by the book from what i have read and what not. Right now i am trying to setup my 30 gallon oceanic sump tank with my coralife 220 super skimmer with my quiet one 6000 pump. I have all these designs and drawings and i have PMed many people and got their views and pics and im still trying to find out as much as i can with this thread. I have absorbed so much information about this new found hobby. So i appriciate the advice but once again.. i have heard it before... and i believe what your saying but on the other hand... id like to see what i can do with the given information that i have came up with.... with the help of all of you... you can make me a reefer in no time.

Reeforbust
09/08/2005, 04:21 PM
Trial and Error?...........:hmm5:

It's funny watching all your posts and seeing your signatures and you still don't get it??

Good luck with all of "that"!

And, by the way.....Your responses are why people don't reply...
Efficeiency has been the story of my life
but im going to show you that i can do the research through trial and error in minimal amount of time

It's not a race man.....Slow down and smell the Chaetomorpha Linum......:mixed:

I've tried to help you in the past but my good man, you are on your own.....:thumbsup:

BBoley24
09/08/2005, 04:47 PM
thanks?

Reeforbust
09/08/2005, 04:50 PM
Hey, I'm only one guy here so Im sure you'll get by without me!:beer:

BBoley24
09/08/2005, 04:50 PM
lol.. ok man...