PDA

View Full Version : When do I need my servicing company?

mmotown
09/07/2005, 05:05 PM
Guys I am about to set my 150gal. I work out of state and I was going to have a servicing company maintain my tank on a semi monthly basis. I am going to buy precured rock and let it cycle in my tank for 4-6 months before I put live stock in it. I would think I could do the necessary water changes myself every two weeks. Is there anything else I would need to do that I could do myself other than my basic maint or should I just let them start off servicing my tank?

Scuba Oz
09/07/2005, 05:22 PM
Guess it depends on how long you are gone ect. You will need someone for your water changes and skimmer cleaning, plus if for some reason there is an accident, power outage for days, flood ect..

mmotown
09/07/2005, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Scuba Oz
Guess it depends on how long you are gone ect. You will need someone for your water changes and skimmer cleaning, plus if for some reason there is an accident, power outage for days, flood ect..
My wife would be there and I could do the water changes myself but to make sure all is well I better let them do it.

WaterKeeper
09/07/2005, 05:49 PM
If the only plan is to cure the rock in-tank then the bi-weekly water changes should be all that is needed, especially if using pre-cured rock.

mmotown
09/07/2005, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by WaterKeeper
If the only plan is to cure the rock in-tank then the bi-weekly water changes should be all that is needed, especially if using pre-cured rock.
During this time would you have your sand in the tank? Also would I run my calc reactor during this time? Also is 4-6months long enough to go before adding livestock?