PDA

View Full Version : picture tanking help

barmstrong
09/07/2005, 09:05 AM
Hello,
I have a cyber shot 5meg sony camera, that i have been trying to take pictures of my tank with, but have been unsuccessful. Can anyone give me some pointers on getting some good shots. I try to zoo in, but the quality is still horrible. Please help

Scuba Oz
09/07/2005, 09:18 AM
I would ask this in the Photo forum, they are the pros in there.

bj32482
09/07/2005, 09:20 AM
check out the photography forum..

Reeforbust
09/07/2005, 10:10 AM
Not sure about the cyber shot....I have a Canon power shot G5.

If your talking about taking pictures of the inside of your tank...fish and such....Then you really need a tripod to get a good steady shot. You can do it without one but you get a clearer picture with a tripod.
I usually get a better picture if I use the flash. To use the flash while taking pictures of an aquarium, you have to shoot at an angle so the flash doesn't reflect back to the camera. I don't zoom in too much and I usually pre-focus an area in the tank by pressing half way down on the photo button, then waiting for something to swim into focus. Sometimes you have to move with the fish to get a clear shot.

The more light you have on your tank the better the pics from my experience.

Its hard to just "snap" a pic because digital camera's take a second or two to take the pic so the pre-focus for me is the easiest when shooting fish.

HTH