PDA

View Full Version : Rust Or Not To Rust? Electronics in the House

s1wheel4
09/06/2005, 11:21 PM
All,

I have a rather elementary question...please bear with me here...I haven't actually taken the step towards a salt-water aquarium but I'm about to...but I need one question answered before I do...as a matter of fact, this has been keeping me from it so I'm asking for everyone's honest opinion here...

Does anyone know if any of the electronics in their home rusted as result of your saltwater aquarium? I have a ton of electronics...(stereo, computer, guitar...etc)....now these are not right beside the aquarium...but some of them are in the same room...would any of these electronics be in any danger? I doubt these could come in direct contact with saltwater or spray. I'm just a little worried that these may start to rust and short live the equipment...

I've seen this commented on somewhere before...just don't remember where...any help to answer my question would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks
Steve

Blown 346
09/06/2005, 11:25 PM
No you wont have any problem, water evaporates the salt does not. The only way i could see anything rusting is if salt water gets spilled on something and it isnt cleaned up.

szwab
09/07/2005, 12:31 AM
the tank may increase the overal humidity in the room (depending on tanks size) I have not had any problems with about 350 total gallons in the house.

kau_cinta_ku
09/07/2005, 06:06 AM
[welcome]