PDA

View Full Version : up & running

lawrenceparrish
09/06/2005, 06:55 AM
I have had my 65G up & running since Jan 05. I have 110lbs live rock with beautiful colorful algea growing on it. Water paremeters are salinty 1.024 ph=8.2 nitrate=0 nitrite=0 ammonia=0 temp=78 to 80 degree F. Lighting is 2 96watt 10,000k PC, 2 96watt PC true actinic & 1 150watt MH 20,000k. 4 inch deep SB. I have a closed loop system for water circulation with a medium current flow.No sump:I have a remora pro thats works well. Inhabitants I have slowly added so far are one yellow wrasse & one true percula clown . Both have been in tank for about 7 months and are very healthy. I added a bubble tip anemone that my clown took to right away and the BT has been in my tank now for about 2 months. Looks very healthy, has not moved from its chosen spot in 7 weeks and has grown nicely. I have tried to add things very slowly to my tank! I have a mix of 10 blue & red leg hermits along with 10 turbo snails and one coral banded shrimp that have been in the tank for about 5 months. I would like to start adding some corals very slowly. any suggestions on which ones? and should i buy a calcium pump/reactor first? trying to do things slowly & right. Thanks for the help in advance!!!!!

:) :)

asiankidd2
09/06/2005, 07:00 AM
you should start testing for calcium shoot for about 400 - 450 ppm you can buy a calcium reactor or dose it with kent liquid reactor, however the calcium reactor might be more expensive and need bulky parts, just a fyi

Scuba Oz
09/06/2005, 07:53 AM
I would not buy a reactor. First off you do not show a CA test in your post or an ALK test. Unless you plan on having a SPS loaded tank I will doubt you will even have to worry much about it. Regular water changes takes care of the CA levels in most tanks.