PDA

View Full Version : PLease be mindful of your post in this forum

geo
09/04/2005, 03:54 PM
Please keep in mind when posting in this forum the Reef Central user agreement still applies. It is easy to get a little too laid back posting among friends in this forum. It is a privilege that RC allows our club to have a forum, and we would not have CORA if it were not for RC. When posting in this forum you are representing this club as a whole, and the CORA club forum has been popping up in the moderator forum way too much. It would be a shame to lose this forum due to immature posting habits.

Buckeye ME
09/04/2005, 04:04 PM
I thought we have been doing pretty well.

thebrian
09/04/2005, 09:44 PM
I guess it might have had something to do with the stuff that got edited out in this post: http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=661139 .

szwab
09/06/2005, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by geo
Please keep in mind when posting in this forum the Reef Central user agreement still applies. It is easy to get a little too laid back posting among friends in this forum. It is a privilege that RC allows our club to have a forum, and we would not have CORA if it were not for RC. When posting in this forum you are representing this club as a whole, and the CORA club forum has been popping up in the moderator forum way too much. It would be a shame to lose this forum due to immature posting habits.

I think he's reffering to the past few months not just one post. I just can't figure out if people are purposefully trying to test their limits on RC (if that's the case find some place else) or if it's just the norm for them? It's kind of sad when I can't let my daughter read the CORA forum over my shoulder cause i don't know what i'm going to run into.

icu2
09/06/2005, 11:18 AM
For that matter, some avatars (not just in CORA) are innappropriate.

thebrian
09/06/2005, 04:19 PM
Some RC Staff/Mod avatars are innappropriate for that matter...

thebrian
09/06/2005, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by thebrian
Some RC Staff/Mod avatars are innappropriate for that matter...

Just to correct my last statement, I know for sure there is at least 1, there may be others. Don't want people to say I'm making things up. I'm not going to publicly post who's it is either, because I don't think it's necessary to do so.

szwab
09/06/2005, 07:47 PM
not the direction this thread was suppose to take
IMO

geo
09/12/2005, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by geo

CaveManNOhio
09/12/2005, 06:04 PM
Can the offenders at least get a PM so they know if they are pushing it. Also doesn't a Mod usually step in some times to re-gain order or let some one know they just messed up.
Also it's not because we put the CORA logo on our Avtar's is it?

Just asking?

szwab
09/12/2005, 07:44 PM
The idea is to post in accordingly, as to [B]not [\B]get the attention of the Mods.

[B]Also it's not because we put the CORA logo on our Avtar's is it?[\B]
no that is not a problem

cward
09/12/2005, 08:17 PM
I like your avatar CaveMan!!!

CaveManNOhio
09/12/2005, 08:25 PM
Thank's, Shawn did a good job of putting my picture and the logo together. The disk in the picture is mine he did the hard part and combined them.
I'm very proud to be a part of this group and forum. Every one here has been a big help to my self and many others.

hollback
09/13/2005, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by cward
I like your avatar CaveMan!!!

What about mine Chris? Just showing off! :rolleyes:

Mantis
09/13/2005, 10:29 AM
Jason, I noticed it this morning, very nice.

cward
09/13/2005, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by hollback
What about mine Chris? Just showing off! :rolleyes:

Yep, I noticed yours too. Your avatar is sooo nice that I will have to ignore it because I am jealous...;)

CaveManNOhio
09/13/2005, 07:43 PM
Hollback should work on getting the t-shirts made for the group. I love his photography work and graphics lay out. :)

szwab
09/21/2005, 09:18 AM
found this link here on RC thought it applied well to this thread....

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

miaminemo
09/21/2005, 09:49 AM
whatever that link is to is blocked by our firewall under 'Adult / sex'

guess ill have to wait to get home to see it :-P

miketay89
09/21/2005, 09:57 AM
As per the National Guard Bureau's Acceptable Usage Policy your requested URL has been denied because of its content categorization: "Games;Forum/Bulletin Boards;Gruesome Content"

pyranha
09/21/2005, 10:14 AM
I kind of like this one ;-)

http://www.advicemeant.com/flame/

szwab
09/21/2005, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by miaminemo
whatever that link is to is blocked by our firewall under 'Adult / sex'

guess ill have to wait to get home to see it :-P

It's fairly clean maybe there is other stuff on the site that's objectionable.