PDA

View Full Version : Talk Radio--Hurricane Katrina

BillnJennh
09/02/2005, 05:24 PM
I leave for work at 3:30 in the morning most mornings, and am able to catch some talk radio during my commute. I was so disgusted this morning to hear a station from another continent (left un-named to keep from being "political"), commenting on the USA's "divisive" nature keeping neighbor from helping neighbor. They made it sound as if it was an every man for himself situation, especially when they compared it to the tsunami. They made it seem that during the tsunami, there was nothing but humanity being shown one to another, but during our personal tragedy, there was human degradation shown. They actually said that the world would look upon the handling of the tragedy as a factor in how the USA would forever be revered. I was thoroughly disgusted and just had to share it with someone....:mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

tsquad
09/02/2005, 05:42 PM
I'm sorry, but to some extent I agree with the radio broadcast...I don't think they're referring to the Red Cross, and all the people trying to help, but the people looting TVs and shooting and fighting.

thrlride
09/02/2005, 05:50 PM
Sorry, I tend to agree as well. Granted, there is much more good going on the actions that have been taken by some is just deplorable.

BillnJennh
09/02/2005, 05:55 PM
I don't think they were only referring to the ones who were looting, but instead were referring to a standard that we were living by. I know that there will always be the bad seeds in the apple, but it was as if we had become a nation of bad seeds...

Buckeye ME
09/02/2005, 06:15 PM
You were offended by the broadcast? I'm offended that we have thousands of people giving them exactly what they want. The lack of human decency down there is appalling.