PDA

View Full Version : RBTA Cloned!!!!

cj_basser
08/31/2005, 02:50 PM
Hey,

I came home from school to a plesant suprise. I found not only 1 RBTA...but 2!!! It must have cloned on its own, becuase i didnt do anything to it.

What should I do now? How do I care for the new clone?

THanks,

CJ

Andrew
08/31/2005, 03:08 PM
The new one will just grow and develope and the split again. Most people just sell the other one if it splits.

cj_basser
08/31/2005, 03:11 PM
So i don't need to feed it or anything?

I am thinking that i migth sell it, since i have a bunch of SPS in the tank, but I might keep it.

miaminemo
08/31/2005, 03:19 PM
this will sound unnatural - but believe me.. ive learned the hard way:

do nothing.

Honestly, for at least a day or two dont mess with either of them.. first two times i had a clone i tried to feed them, move them towards more light, etc.. dont do it. They know how ot take care of themselves.. if you see any white on them, its normal.. thats where they ripped apart. If you give them a day or two and they are out in the open and look unstressed, try feeding them a small amount..

good luck!

cj_basser
08/31/2005, 03:22 PM
Thanks!!! I am pretty excited. They are infact both in a cave. I can't belive that they splitt, though. I didn't se 2 mouths or any signs they wre gonna split.

bencozzy
08/31/2005, 03:31 PM
how big was it before it split?(i might take it if you decide to sell and it makes it)

cj_basser
08/31/2005, 03:36 PM
Before it split it was about 6". I cant really tell how big they are right now since they are kinda closed and in a cave.

Becozzy- you are first on the list if i do decide to sell it.

bencozzy
08/31/2005, 03:49 PM
that would be perfect for what i want, so let me know what you plan on doing

thanks

asnatlas
08/31/2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by bencozzy
that would be perfect for what i want, so let me know what you plan on doing

thanks

Ben, not to be an *** or anything, but you just lost a Clam, yes ?? I would hold off on getting a BTA at this time as I think they are harder to keep then a clam, I could be wrong, I would look at your system and try to figure out what happened...

Just throwing that out there as I don't want to you lose another animal...

Shawn

Can someone confirm that a BTA would be harder to keep alive then a clam ??

bencozzy
08/31/2005, 04:42 PM
the bta is going into a different tank, also since it just split he isnt going to sell it for another 2wks it has to heal

cj_basser
08/31/2005, 05:39 PM
Clams are a whole different ballgame.

I will try to get a picture up here in the next few days. The color morph on these are awsome.

ronc98
08/31/2005, 06:07 PM
I second Miaminemo's advice on doing nothing. Just pretend it did not split. You do however need to watch to make sure it does not walk over any SPS while the clone finds a new home.

cj_basser
09/01/2005, 06:02 PM
Here is a pic of the original RBTA. It is mostly red/ pink, but the bottom of each tentacle is green as you can kinda see. The clone is on the backside of the rock.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/CShaver/100_2921.jpg

ronc98
09/02/2005, 06:07 AM
That looks like the clone I sold a few months ago.

good looking clone.

R

cj_basser
09/02/2005, 03:10 PM
I got this guy from Serdar.

All is well with the RBTA's. The original one has returned to its usual spot, and the clone is just hanging out in a cave.

Both of them are extended, but not fully.

jayare
09/06/2005, 08:23 AM
I would be interested in purchasing one of your RBTA. I live in Troy, OH. Let me know fi you are willing to sell and price.
Thanks,
J