PDA

View Full Version : Office Reef

Stoli
02/21/2002, 03:41 PM
Well, I've finally done it. I just finished the first phase of switching my 33 Gal Hex from FO to Reef. Added rock, sand and H20. Now the hard part. Waiting for the cycle to end. Anyway, just excited and wanted to share with those who understand the hobby, I mean obsession, I mean compulsion....

On that note, I'm looking for an ABS or wood fixture outfitted with two 96 watt PC's. Problem is that since this is a hex, needs to be no more than 7" deep and 36" long. If I can find a used one in good condition, I'd love to buy it. A MH setup would also be acceptable within those parameters.

Just so excited. I'm sitting at my desk, working hard of course, staring at my new baby. Real good day here.:D

Playfair
02/21/2002, 04:37 PM
Congrats on the office reef! That's pretty large for the work place... You are sure to get a fair amount of water on the floor!

Can't help you with a hood that fits, but Todd might have an extra electronic ballast that will run 2x96w PC's. I needed one, and he got a couple just cause the deal was so good. $45 would probably be fair.

Stoli
02/21/2002, 05:08 PM
Maybe that will do. I'll just build a little fixture. Hey Todd, are you out there. Give me a call.

ReeferMac
02/21/2002, 07:59 PM
Could get a little MH Pendant to go up there too. I've seen some prefabbed fixtures with 150-175 watt MH's, and a couple PC lamps as well.
Depending on what you plan on keeping in there...

- Mac

ToddsReef
02/22/2002, 12:33 PM
Stoli,
I'm headed out of town but I will be back Saturday night if you want that ballast. Let me know.
Todd