PDA

View Full Version : Going Out of Town

toddncst8
08/27/2005, 09:15 AM
Anyone here use an automatic feeder? Good ones/ Bad ones? I am going to be out of town from early Wednesday until late sunday night and possibly monday, and am a little uneasy leaving the tank for that long. Of course all my friends think Im crazy for worrying about tank while going on vacation, so I turn to fellow "crazy's" for help :-) I have a couple of lyretail anthias, powder brown tang, 2 clowns, 6line wrasse, and a few chromis. They usually eat at least every other day, so I get a little nervous making them go for that period of time without food. With that said, is it better to not feed them at all during that period, or get an automatic feeder, etc... Any other precautions I should take. This will be the first vacation that my "tank sitter" will be going too.... Maybe I should just talk her into staying here :-)

Next up, Prayer that power doesnt go out while gone :-)

Thanks.

Todd

capncapo
08/27/2005, 09:28 AM
Is your top off system automated?

toddncst8
08/27/2005, 09:58 AM
no, unfortunately its not. I will just fill my sump to the brim and it should be low when I get back, but hopefully ok.

Reefer Wannabe
08/27/2005, 10:27 AM
I would have someone come and add top-off at least once during that time. I had someone come over every other day when I was gone for a week, and I was nervous about that, so I know how you feel.