PDA

View Full Version : MACNA in D. C. wanna go?

suznf
08/26/2005, 08:06 AM
Is anyone interested in splitting the cost in hiring a bus to take several of us from Burlington (could feasibly stop along the way south also I suppose) on Sat very early am and return either very late Sat pm or Sunday pm?

tsalter
08/26/2005, 12:26 PM
Is that possible? Do you mean a bus and a driver? DC isn't the closest place.

suznf
08/26/2005, 04:14 PM
One bus company quoted me $150pp if we have 10 people , staying overnight Saturday. It is a van-like vehicle including driver. I am waiting for another quotefrom another company. Flying may be of relatively similar cost.
I would like to see if people are interested in going on the bus I guess, but it would have to be an overnight.

reefer123456789
08/26/2005, 07:37 PM
What is the macna

tsalter
08/26/2005, 07:45 PM
Its an aquatic conference. I think there are vendors and speakers.

suznf
08/26/2005, 09:40 PM
http://www.macnaxvii.com/
here is the site
it is the Marine Aquarium Confernce of North America
The Marine Aquarium Conference of North America is the premier conference focused on the hobbyist and the industry that serves it.
they have presentations , speakers, exhibits, vendors,
it looks amazing
I think I will fly less travel time, same $, if I go
anybody else going?
Suzn

mogulski
08/31/2005, 12:56 PM
i went last year. once is enough for me at least for a while.

suznf
08/31/2005, 06:11 PM
how was it last year? what was it like? would you suggest going?
thanks, Suzn

mogulski
09/01/2005, 08:57 AM
it was fun. i took a day trip and it was worth it i think. it's basically tons of vendors pedaling their stuff. there are tons of vendors and exibits. if you are looking to make a major equipment purchase or want to see the latest and greatest things out there then it's for you. there really isn't any livestock avail. Dr. Mac had some frags there that he was selling and i bought a clean up crew from another vendor.
There are pros and knowledgeable amatures who were giving talks, but they are expensive. I saw Jullian Sprung speak about corals and propagation and it was like $40 in addition to the entrance fee. Reef central also has a exibit as well.
It sounds like a nice weekend. If you go have fun. Hope that helps.

-Jonathan

suznf
09/01/2005, 09:48 AM
thanks Jonathan that helps, Suzn