PDA

View Full Version : Tank at work

miaminemo
08/24/2005, 10:34 AM
Anyone have a SW tank at their desk? Im intrigued by the possibility.. whenever you get bored, just feed yoru fish, scrape some algae.. and the building is already on AC.. so no need for a chilller.. just a small tank, lights, some sand / rock.. done!

Buckeye ME
08/24/2005, 11:00 AM
I would love to when I finally accept a permanent job next year. Check out this pico a guy built in the nano forum.

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=653026

TacoKing
08/24/2005, 11:03 AM
I had a JBJ 12 cube in my office for about a year. I ran into some problems though. First off, sure the place has AC, but it gets turned off during the weekends. So I had some problems with heat when I wasn't around. Water changes became some what of a hassle. I wasn't able get any RO/DI water onsite easy, so hauling in 5 gal buckets every weekend was a little bit of a *****.. And to top that off the tank didn't have a skimmer. So between the temperature problems, me being lazy and not doing water chages over the period of a few months stuff started to go down hill. Finally decided it was time to tear it down and bring it home.

I loved having the tank in my office, it was great lots of fun and everyone enjoyed coming to see it. I just couldn't keep up with it as much as I wish I could have.
-Rob