PDA

View Full Version : help sick naso tang

joshsamsj
08/22/2005, 09:27 PM
i picked up a naso today it had a few signs of ich and got it for a discount i have it in my hospital tank with a uv ster. and am currently using the mardel coppersafe does anybody have any other suggestions on what to do

reefstyle
08/22/2005, 10:51 PM
I usually start with a quar tank with no light to keep stress down. I use a copper test kit to test copper levels after dosing the quar tank not to exceed .2ppm (.15ppm I keep the level for about 14 day raising the temp to 80 can speed the process up a little. I also check the water for NH4 and keep the level as close to 0 as possible by doing water changes but keeping the level at .15 on the copper. Try to feed the tang seaweed mixed with garlic extreme(kent) or just a food it likes mixx with garlic by keeping the food going is as important as the copper. 2-3 weeks should do the trick. hope this helps dennis. p.s. good luck :D

joshsamsj
08/23/2005, 09:55 AM
thanks dennis she is already looking better even after a day but getting her to eat seems to be a problem iam going to try the garlic today thanks alot

EvilMel
08/23/2005, 10:09 AM
Rubberband some dried seaweed really close to a rock (with none sticking up) and drop this in her tank. I would try this with several different kinds of algae, especially green and purple. In addition, I would try this with and without soaking in garlic.

I would also try as many different types of live algaes as I could get my hands on. If you have access to red gracilaria that would be your best bet for getting her to eat.