PDA

View Full Version : Funky Water

Florida Boy
08/21/2005, 04:46 PM
How about a little help here with a water question. I've used Tropic-Marin for about a year now with my own RO system to mix my change water. Had to mix a second 30 gal. batch yesterday due to a little spill incident on the way to the tank. (No, it wasn't inside the house, so stop laughing!) Anyway, I added the usual amount of salt mix and then ran out of RO at about 15 gallons or so. The double-strength brine stayed agitated all night until the RO holding tank had enough time to catch up. This morning I added the second 15 gallons of RO to the mix and noticed that it was real cloudy. Figured it was just the high-strength brine and that it would clear up after a while. It's been agitating for 8 hours now and its very cloudy. Can't see even halfway to the bottom of the 40 gal Rubbermaid trash can I alway use for mixing.
I'm scared of the stuff. All readings are normal. Ph 8.2, sg 1.023, no nitrates, ammonia, phosphates or anything that I can read. It's just cloudy!
What should I do? Is the cloudy water OK to use? Will it clear up in the tank? Anybody had this experience before? It's a first for me.
Thanks,
Florida Boy

SirLight1337
08/22/2005, 12:15 PM
Usally when you add salt mix to water to quickly you get this nice cloudy effect. Im not sure what you mean by high-strength brine.

Id let it mix throughly for a full 24 hrs, then take a look and see if its still cloudy.

BeanAnimal
08/22/2005, 01:07 PM
You may have had some stuff precipitate out and it is not mixong back in very well.